cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 step putaway in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a process where we do a put-way from production into WM. The receipt is done and then (for certain materials) the put-way bin is in another building (all represented in the same SAP Warehouse in the same Sloc) we would like to have a confirmation that the goods are in the bin in the other building.

Looking for suggestions .

I am thinking the TO creation (printed) and Confirmation separate but was looking for other idea that may have worked better .. This would be driven by material and storage section .

Thanks .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Brett,

what exactly do you mean with "2 step putaway"? You want to move it from the goods receipt area first to one bin and then to another? Or you just need a real final confirmation that the goods have received at the final bin? In the later case you confirm the TO - eventually with a 2 step confirmation, means that removal from one bin and arrival at the next bin is confirmed separetely. Just need to look up again how this can be controlled...

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Apologies in opening up this thread again. Was hoping you could give some clarification on 2 step confirmation for Inbound Delivery. May I know what are the transaction steps (not configuration as I have done the configuration at SPRO > Logistics Execution > Warehouse Management > Activities > Confirmation > Confirmation Control > Warehouse Number > Marked 'X' at my warehouse at Separation Confirmation of Pick and Transfer) in order to perform 2 step confirmation for inbound delivery?

1. Create PO - ME21N

2. Create Inbound Delivery with ref to PO - VL31N

3. Create Transfer Order with ref to Inbound Delivery - LT03

4. Check stock - LS24 > I can see that Total Stock and Available Stock for Storage Type = 902 is (negative) whereas Total Stock and Available Stock in the receiving Storage Bin is already (Positive)

How do I proceed after Step 4 in order to see the significance of a 2 Step Confirmation? Would really appreciate your advice. I checked all over the internet but I couldn't find any leads.

Thanks!

Answers (0)