cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone releasing activities but not the network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm having an issue with the milestone to release the next activities when the activity that followed is confirmed.

The milestone is working well, releasing all activities that follow, but when all activities are released (by the milestones) or confirmed the network status is not changing to released, it stays Partially released.

For exemple:

Network

- Activity 1

- Milestone

- Activity 2

I release manually the activity 1 to start the process. The status of the network changes the partially released.

Then I confirm Activity 1 and the milestone release activity 2. By this time the network should have changed the status to released because all the activities are already released, but it stays Partially released. If i release activity 2 manually, without having the milestone, the status of the network is changed to released.

Does anyone knows a note that fixes this issue?

Thank you a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

NW status would be PREL when you have REL status on 1st NWA. When you completely release all the NWA, then at NW level status would change to REL.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but that is not happening!

There's 2 activities, one I release mannualy and the other one is released by the milestone when I confirm the first activity on CN25. Both activities are released but the network stays PREL. (In this case there's only 2 activities, so when both are released the network should be released to)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a different opinion. When you just release the activities without actually releasing the network the status of the network would be PREL. I guess this is what is mentioned in SAP Help too. This is the standard behaviour.

You can try out this scenario in a different system, maybe the IDES system and cross check the behaviour.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gokul,

I guess this ain't standard because if I release also the second activity manually, the status of the network changes to REL, without the need to release the network manually!

This only happens if the last activity is released by a milestone!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Please save the project after you release first activity. After that check whether network is released when first activity is confirmed. This is a workaround, but I feel system is designed that way. When you release and confirm first activity in one session, network status PREL is not updated in database. That may be the reason system is not releasing network. Hope this helps.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shrikant,

I've already donne that. I'm not confirming the activity in the 1st session because I'm confirming the activity thru CN25.

I release activity one, save the project, then I confirm the activity on CN25.

So it can't be that.

Thanks for the reply!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

I didnt find any SAP notes for this issue. I would suggest to raise OSS message to SAP. In case they say its standard functionality you can do a small development using activity release user exit (CNEX0028).

The code should check whether released activity is last activity in network. If yes you can either issue a user message to release network or programatically release the network.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Shrikant