Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue priortization

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I understand the steps required for queue priortization.

In the "filter for queue priortization" I have 2 options either I can add a filter for

1. The inbound channel ( for messages coming into PI )

here i need to specify the sender ID ( sender business system )

message size ( say > 5 mb )

Queue ( say XB1 for high priority )

2.  The outbound channel ( for message going out of PI )

here i need to specify the sender ID ( sender business system ) and the Receiver ID ( Receiver business system )

message size

Queue ( say XBTA for high priority )

My Requirement -   if I have 1 interface say material master between sys A and B and if the message size is larger than 10 MB for this interface then it should be priortized

1. Do i need to create a filter for both Inbound and outbound channel  or just outbound filter is OK ???

2. If I want to ignore the message size and priortize all the material master messages how do I do it ????

Do I just need to create the outbound filter without giving any message size??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>1. Do i need to create a filter for both Inbound and outbound channel  or just outbound filter is OK ???

Yes, You need create both inbound/outbound filters

>> 2. If I want to ignore the message size and priortize all the material master messages how do I do it ????

Do I just need to create the outbound filter without giving any message size??

yes it is possible, you can proceed without defining any message size

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

so is it compulsory to define both "inbound" and "outbound channel " for any filter that we define

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do not define (let us say on Outbound side), then prioritization will only be followed on inbound side, which means that the out going message is deviating from the whole purpose of queue prioritization and will be assigned to a default queue on outbound side.

Hence you need to create both inbound and outbound filters.

Answers (0)