Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still awaiting acknowledgment

diego_gabriel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello PI Experts,

I'm facing an issue in my scenario IDOC > PI > R/3 (ABAP Proxy).

When sending to DEV system, everything works properly.

Now when I try to send to QAS system I get the status: "Still awaiting acknowledgment".

So I checked "Do not Request Ack" for all messages types in IDX_NOALE. The issue with ack was "solved" but I don't have IDOC in the target system.

Does anybody know what is happening?

Regards,

Diego

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

diego_gabriel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Finally it was solved.

SXMB_ADMIN > Manage queues > Register Queues.

I always checked SMQ1 and SMQ2 ( PI and R3 ) but I've never thought that could exist unregistered queues in my target system once we have been using this server many years ago...

Thank you all,

Diego

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This "Still awaiting acknowledgment" might mean that IDoc is still being delivered to the receiver system. Disabling acks won't help you, you will simply not see the ack error in moni. Check the receiver IDoc CC in Communication Channel Monitoring of RWB to see the exact purpose of the problem. In case you use a reference to an RFC Destination in the receiver CC, you can also use t-code sm59 to test the RFC connection - communication issues could be a potential source of your problem. Putting things simple, PI successfully processed the message and created an IDoc, but was unable to deliver it to the receiver.

Regards,

Greg

diego_gabriel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not using channel of IDOC type.

In my source system I have a partner (WE20) sending IDOCs to a port (WE21) via RCF.

IDX1 and IDX2 contain the IDOC metadata. No problems here.

After a mapping I send the IDOC to the R3 target system through an receiver adapter of type XI.

No RFC connection used in this phase.

Thanks,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Check the following in the Receiver R/3 side:

SXMB_ADM - Integration Engine Configuration. The link mentoined should be proper.

SLDAPICUST - Check the hostname , username and password

SLDCHECK - This should be properly running.

Also check for the HTTP destination used in the XI adapter -

You set up the HTTP destination in the SAP system by using transaction SM59. Use the following path prefixes in the Target System Settings.

• /sap/xi/engine?type=entry

Thanks,

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You said no problem at the sender side. Are you verified your proxy configuration between PI and ECC on the receiver side?  I suspect problem might be there. Since you use server proxy scenario, you might want to check this link for the configuration areas.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/ABAPProxy/page1.htm

diego_gabriel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Baskar,

Very interesting the link. Thank you... I checked it and all is fine.

Hi Kalyan,

SLDAPICUST - Ok.

SLDCHECK - All green.

SXMB_ADM - pointing to the right RFC. Path /sap/xi/engine?type=entry is there.

I did a new test. I changed the receiver XI adapter parameters to my PRD system. There is no ABAP proxy to my interface in this environment.

Curiously I got the same ack status: "still awaiting acknowledgment".

As I know when sending messages and no abap proxy is find we got: "no implementation class registered......etc" am I right?

It seems the problem is not on my target system but in the IENGINE

Regards,

Diego

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you moved PI objects to QA, you also transported corresponding Proxy objects in ECC right. If the proxy classes are not there you get some dynamic call failure proxy so and so... THis looks like your configuration between PI and ECC has some problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Can you see your IDOC in sxmb_moni of the PI box?

Are all the pipeline steps successful?

Please check SXMB_ADM , IDX1 and IDX2.

Thanks,

Kalyan