cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition Type disappears when Free Goods are redetermined after Date Change in SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have an issue, that When i create a SO having with required values, it comes up with a Free Good Determination with the defined condition Type, and after this when i goto VA02 and change the Date, its shows the Free Good but the Condition Type get Disappear from the Free Good details.

i am not sure why the Condition type is disaapearing, as the new date range also fall in right range, and still it shows the Free Good also.

Please provie your valuable feedback

Regards,

Nitin Tak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Some questions about your problem:

• The condition that is disappearing is the one for Free Goods or one for Pricing?
  • If it is the one for Free Goods: where do you check that the condition type is missing?

Regards,

Ornella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ornella,

yes the conditon that is disappearing is the one for free goods.

and i am checking that in sales order-> Sales Tab->All item ->selecting the second line item of materials, which is free good.

then checking the item condition icon, then in pricing elements, the condition type for free goods is disappeared.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

Sorry but I still don't understand which condition is disappearing.

Let me tell you what I'm testing to try to get the same error you mentioned:

• VA01
  • First, I switch on the analysis for free goods determination:
    • Menu Environment > Analysis > Free goods > on.
  • Then, I enter a material and a quantity that determines free goods.
    • Having switched on the analysis, I can now see a screen with the free goods procedure (NA0001) and the free goods condition (NA00).
  • I go back to the main screen, I follow the steps you mentioned (sales order-> Sales Tab->All item ->selecting the second line item of materials, which is free good, then checking the item condition icon, then in pricing elements) but what I see here is the pricing procedure, not the free goods procedure. In this screen, I never see the free goods condition (NA00).

Hope this clarifies my question.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Ornella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ornella,

i guess you get it correct, i am asking for the same as you understood.

but for confirmation, let me elaborate some more points in it.

i am not doing switch on the analysis for free goods determination.

i am just doing these things.

Step- 1. VA01 - Create SO with a specific material and quantity that determines free goods.

after this we get a free good with the given material at line item 2.

Step- 2. VA03 - Selecting the second line item of materials, which is free good, then checking the                         item condition icon, then in pricing elements) but what I see here is                          the pricing procedure, with free goods procedure too having goods condition                          (NA00).

Step- 3. VA02 - Change the Req. del. Date, to some date which falls under the free good procedure                          range too. then save and activate.

Step- 4. VA03 - Selecting the second line item of materials, which is free good, then checking the                         item condition icon, then in pricing elements) but what I see here is                                                  the pricing procedure, not the free goods procedure. In this screen, I never see                         the free goods condition (NA00).

When we did the same set of steps for changing the Quantity of main materials, it succesfully calculates and shows too.

Hope this clarifies my question.

Regards,

Nitin Tak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Could you add an image of step 2?

Regards,

Ornella

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks.

Just to clarify: this is not the condition type for free goods, it is the condition type for pricing to make the 100% discount.

Let me check if I find the reason for you problem with this new information.

Regards,

Ornella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

What do you see in the pricing analysis for condition type ZF04 in step 4?

Regards,

Ornella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ornella,

can you please elobrate the point that the given condition is for 100% discount and not for free goods,

because it is condition being calculated under pricing procedure for free goods.

and answer to your second question is that it shows all rows but the only one with green trafic light and condition type ZF04 is not displayed.

one strange thing i faced yesterday while struggling with this that, when i changed the Pricing date from 04.07.2011 to 02.07.2011.

then after i changed the req del date several times but it calculated the condition type ZF04 and showed too. means no issue came.

i have no idea whats going on.

and yes thank a lot for patience.

Regards,

nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

In this case, you are working with 2 procedures:

• Pricing procedure: configured under SPRO > Sales and Distribution > Basic Functions > Pricing > Pricing Control > Define And Assign Pricing Procedures

--> This one is used to determine the pricing for an item.

• Free goods procedure: configured under SPRO > Sales and Distribution > Basic Functions > Free Goods > Condition Technique for Free Goods > Maintain Pricing Procedures.

--> This one is used to determine the material and quantities for free goods (is the one that generates the second item in your SO).

What you are showing (condition type ZF04) is the 100% discount in the pricing procedure for the free goods item.

Hope it's clearer now.

Regards,

Ornella

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you, thats very nice of you.

i got it.

but still persist regarding pricing condition.

Thanks and Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

Can you please add a screen shot of the pricing analysis for condition type ZF04 in step 4?

Regards,

Ornella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here it is..

hope its now clear..

thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

That's screenshot is not helping.

Please add the screenshot I asked for by pressing "Analysis".

Regards,

Ornella

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am really amused to know that nobody knows or ready to share the soultion to this.

kindly give your suggestions.

its like, when we create sales order for a specific material with specific quantity, it calculates a Free good Pricing procedure and comes up with a free material , having a condition type as free goods.

but when a change in Req.Delivery Date is modified (to a date which falls under the required range for free good pricing procedure too), the free material is retained but the condition type for Free goods is being removed from SO.

and when we modify the quantity of main material, it correctly recalculate the pricing thing and correctly shows the ondition type too.

can anybody tell me the reason for this behaviour.

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin ,

check ur system dependency in ur system if u used any exit or change in standard program

and send the screen shot so that i can analyse more better

Rrgards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ramesh,

we are using the pricing procedure, copied for existing with some customizations

yes we are using the exit of sales MV45AFZB, haing subroutines

USEREXIT_NEW_PRICING_VBAP, and USEREXIT_NEW_PRICING_VBKD.

but i didnt find any issues, in them ..i.e as per mu understang these are to be used to decide the pricing type 'A' or 'B' etc..means like do we need to recalculate whole new pricing if some fields changes. etc.

i tried to change the pricing type to "B' in runtime to recalculate the whole pricing too, but it didnt worked.

i tried to look for some oss notes too, but i found everythng as required in code.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Suggest you to consult your ABAPer & debug the execution of the Custom code in the User Exit you have applied.

There may be some bugs in the code.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

R u checking in the same client  R u sure abt that , or else just debug the program and find out

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i debugged the logic in same client and didnt got any issue in code.
means didnt got/understood any issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am the ABAPer, i debuged the code, compared too with the scenerio when we chnage the quantity, and it gives back correct pricing, but i didnt get any clue.

and the field which is changed (i.e. req. del date) is something not falls under header data too, like quantity etc.

so i am not aware how to use it for price recalculation. and i found on SCN that, in userexit i mentioned you can include the custom fields to enable i re calculation of pricing when change.

i did that too, meansi changed the pricing type = 'B' but it didnt calculate.

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

R u checking the order in same server ?

Ideally it wont happens

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am really amused to know that nobody knows or ready to share the soultion to this

First of all, please try to learn how to post your query in a global forum like this.  Everybody is contributing purely on free of service here and to share their experience, members give suggestions, if they come across similar situation.  It could also be the reason for not responding that, this thread would have missed their attention and to be honest, I have not gone through this earlier.

Better try to post with positive attitude.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it might be somehow, what you are saying..but with all due regards i want to say, that pasting just one explicit comments out of the whole para is really putting me low.

i did humble request and i dont think that i have shown any negativity for the anyone.

and yes thank you for suggestion about the ways of posting the queries on such forums, i will definately adhere them.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when i goto VA02 and change the Date, its shows the Free Good but the Condition Type get Disappear from the Free Good details.

Which date is changed in sales order through VA02? Which condition type you are referring to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

i am changing "Requested delivery date of the document" , and i am using a customized Condition type ZFXX for Free Goods..

Experts..please suggest the cause...