cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO for Unknown account assignment category with Standard (Blank)- item category for stock /consumption material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to create a PO for a stock material (with material code) or consumpton material by giving just short text (without material number) for the combination of  Unknown account assignment category with standard (Blank) item category.

I am facing this issue & not able to create a PO for it.

System saying that "U" - unknown accout. assign. catergory is possible with "D"&"B" item categories only.

Pl. check & let me know how to as my requiremtn is to procurea stock/consumption material .

Thanks,

CVB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

mathewgeorge
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check note: 496082

15th question in that.

Matthew

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You had already asked this question 4 days ago.

And the answer is alread in the long text to the error message you get when you enter an U account assignment in the PO:

Unknown account assignment not defined for use here

Message no. ME069

Diagnosis

You have entered the account assignment category "unknown account assignment" for the item. However, in the case of purchase orders and scheduling agreements an exact account assignment is necessary.

What do you think why SAP explains this in this way in the long text?

It is a hardcoded error. No way around.

IF PSK_PSTYP NE PSTYP-DIEN AND
           PSK_PSTYP NE PSTYP-BLNK.
          MESSAGE E069.
        ENDIF.

if you dont know an account assignment at order time, then  order to stock, here you dont need any account assignment.  when you issue the material later , then you issue it to the cost center of your choice, which should be known at that time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My material is not having the material code.

Its only a simple text like"purchase of visiting cards", so how can procure it? as there is no information at order time to which cost center the consumption takes place

How can i map this scenerio

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you either create a material master to procure anonymous to stock (which gives  you  time to discover the right cost center  until it gets consumed)

or

you have to enter a proper account assignment

Of course you can enter a wrong account assignment in the PO and then do a subsequent FICO booking to get the costs from the wrong cost center to  right cost center.

or you block this PO item to avoid a GR until you know and change the cost center in the PO.

In any case it adds an additional step to your process if you dont know the accounts when you raise the PO.

amit_gupta44
Participant
0 Kudos

You can go for rate contract. Create a rate contract through T.Code ME31K in U category. When you know the account assignment category, then place a release order through ME21N in that particular account assignment and do the GRN against that.

Regards

Amit Gupta

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont thnk this helps, as you are just replacing a standard PO with a release order, the creation time of both would be the same, hence he still does not know the correct account assignment at that time

amit_gupta44
Participant
0 Kudos

I am suggesting to create a contract in place of standard PO and when he is sure about the account assignment, at that time he can place a release order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

For Eg:

whenever ur creating PO for Asset r Cost Center , at that time u dont which asset no (or) cost center to put, for this scenario u can use Account Assignment Cat "U".

But at the time of MIGO,u shud enter correct Asset or cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes..i know that.

But system is not allowing me to create the PO by using "U" & Standard item category for the stock /consumption material .

And  in my case, user dont know the cost centre/asset number for which material is going to be consumed at the time of creating the PO for stock/consumption material.

Pl. suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan

have u checked OLME config?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have checked that,

U has been assigned to Standard, Limit (B)& Service (D) only.

amit_gupta44
Participant
0 Kudos

Unknown account assignment category can only be used in case of services and blanket purchase order.

Regards

Amit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Plz check in

check in OLME > Account Assignment >  Define Combination of Item Categories/Account Assignment categories