cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Delete the Settlement Rule, Investment Profile from the WBS and do the full settlement

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts I am facing an issue in the Settlement for certain WBS.

The issue is my user were settling the cost manually by assigning AUC in the settlement Rule and not by generating AUC through Investment Profile.

Recently they have created the Investment Profile and assigned to the WBS, therefore the impact was that in all the WBS in which it got assigned were locked and the settlement rule which was created earlier is also on a display mode with Settlement Type as AUC instead of FUL or PRE. I unlocked those WBS and when i try to delete the Settlement Rule its not allowing the same as it is in the display mode

Once i try running settlement at CJ88 for these WBS only partcial settlement is happeneing and in the detail list where i can see the amount settled, in the inform. column it display a message as AUC Capitaliz.

Please provide the inputs so that entire amount can be settled.

Thanks and Regards

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

For settling amount of previous Year you have to follow these steps-

a. Check whether you can open previous period. You may choose special period (13-16) for posting. Generally if your financial book closure has not been taken place then period can opened else not.

b. Ask them to open only special period.

2. Now first reverse  all current year settlements

3. Check initial month of expense and start settling from that period using CJ88. Keep posting period value as opened period. For say if they opened 13 th period then enter 13 there.

Hope Your problem will be solved now.

Please assign points to the persons who responded to your question and helped you.

Regards,

Pranav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Experts whats happening is the cost of previous year is not getting settled only cost pertaining to this year is getting settled while running the CJ88.

How do i settle the cost for previous year as well

Thanka and Regards

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Simon,

Have you checked with your FI consultant whether the pervious year periods are open for posting? This might happen if they have closed the periods for futher postings.

rgds

Saurabh

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Thanks for your input

I Checked with the FI consultant, this is the unsettled cost pertaining to the previous year the and previous year closed for posting,

Now my client want to settle the unsetlled cost of previous year along with the cost of current year in the current year open period, as he doesn't want to open the previous year as it will disrupt the whole Accounting entry's for the previous year.

I tried applying the OSS note 425601, As a result the error message was changed to the warning message but still it's settling the cost of Current year only instead of Previous year cost + Current Year cost.

Your inputs are highly appreciable

Regards

Simon

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The Oss Note which i appled is 339973, instead of 425601

Thanks and Regards

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to reverse the earlier settlements (provided the periods are still open) and then resettle it as per the new rule.

Else close the earlier settlement rule by entering the last used date. New settlements would happen as per the new rule.

rgds

saurabh

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

There is no Settlement done for the previous year, After assigning the investment Profile, when we are trying to do the settlement, then it only settles the cost for the current year and not for the previous year.

Now if i try do delete the Investment pofile and try to create the Settlement Rule, Then also it shows an error (Since AUC is being created the Investment Profile cannot be deleted) and doesnot allow me to delete the Investment Profile.

let me know how should i settle the cost for previous year as well as for current year.

Thanks and Regards

Simon