cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document repository in solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to use solution manager as a document repository?

I would like to store project and support documentation in solution manager.

Is there any SAP document describing how this can be achieved?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Phil,

what Do you want do Do exactly? I don't know whether there is a SAP document but if you tell me what your requirements are, I might be able to help you out.

best regards

Art

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would like to store our Basis and XI support documentation in solution manager for the support teams. So when alerts are received they will be able to access the relevant document in SolMan and read how to solve the alert. I have heard that this is possible with Knowledge Warehouse but we do not currently have KW and all of our support, monitoring etc is routed through SolMan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Phil,

Of course, you can maintain those documents in Solution Manager in the Project Documentation tab of the SOLAR01 transaction.

But before that you have to create a project in Solution Manager using the SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN transaction.

And create the Biz process scenario, Biz process, Biz process step in the SOLAR01 transaction.

After saving your Biz scenario, process, step in the SOLAR01 transaction, you can select a process or process step and in the Project Documentation tab, you can upload whatever document you want and it can be viewed by everybody who has access to solution manager.

Hope it helps. Dont forget to reward points for useful answers.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This helps alot, thanks Alagammai.

Do you know of any document that explains this procedure, or where it can be found on help.sap.com? I have tried searching but cant find anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

Alagammai is right on target. But beside using solar01, after creating your project, you can also use the Roadmap functionality (Transaction RMMAIN) zu reach your goal. This may even be the better way because you can structure your repository in a more comprehensive way.

This is the link to the solution manager content at sap-help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/fc/5dc13690581b20e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

It can give you an overview about the overall functionality of the solution manager but is not as specific as you might prefer it to be.

No need to panic though. The creation of a project and the subsequent steps are a) quite self-explanatory and

b) you can find some tutorials at:

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000633637&;

Select a learning map for solution consultants at the right side of the screen and then click at "implementing mysap solutions".

Best start would be the "SAP Solution Manager in an Implementation Project"-Tutorial which guides you through the entire process of project creation/administration, blueprinting etc.

There are also tutorials for usage and authoring of roadmaps if you take that path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Phil,

Tnq for the reward points. As told by Arthur finding a document or guide to help u in document management is not possible. Even in help.sap.com you cannot find any info specific to ur requirements.

The features of SolMan need to be tailored to our requirements.

To know the features of SolMan, you can make use of the learning maps that are available in service market place.

Hello Arthur,

Tnq for the info that document management can effectively be done from RoadMap. Have to explore more in this direction.

Thanks & Best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for all your help!

Answers (0)