cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems by starting BEX Analyzer

0 Kudos

Dear all,

we have performance problems by starting BEX Analyzer. It takes currently 30s till the Excel with the Add on of BEX Analyzer is open. Normal Excel ist available in less than 3s. But for some Users it takes more than 1 minute. we have currently two version installed:

SAP GUI 720 Patch 7 and BI add on 720 Support Package 3

or

SAP GUI 720 Patch 10 and BI add n 720 Support Package 7

all of tehm running on Win7 (Intel Core 2,5GB to 3,10GB prozessor and 4GB RAM) and Office 2010.

What could be the reason that it takes so long to open the tool?

Do you have any idea?

Thanks for feedback in advance.

Manuel

Message was edited by: Manuel Grieshaber no in my case it is the time from starting the Tool in Start/All Programs/Business Explorer/Analyzer till Excel with the Add on is open and you could go on with open Workbook. For this step you have to wait a other 30 s to get the login to the system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

We have checked the settings for the Internet Explorer, so the validation of the certificats works fine and the issue with starting BEX Analayzer was solved

suresh_s9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

I am also facing same issue, kindly suggest me to sort out this issue in my issue, here i attached error screenshot for reference.

Sri

even i tried from RRMX also facing same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri,

I noticed this is Excel 2013.  If you haven't I would recommend upgrading to Frontend Patch 701.  Check out SAP Note 1229206, it has BEx installation check tool

BEx Front-End Installation Check

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

SAP has confirmed there is a performance issue in Excel 2010.  Per SAP Note 1762660, Microsoft is expected to release as part of an October cumulative update in the form of a public KB article.  I checked the web site: http://catalog.microsoft.com/V7/site/Search.aspx?q=excel and didn't any October KB for Excel 2010 posted.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Manuel,

1.All SAP delivered tools are digitally signed by SAP.
2.So when ever you start these tools for the first time it tries to
download the Digital Certificate by connecting to the internet.
3. If it is not able to download the certificate then the tool tries
till there is a timeout, and after which the tool comes up
(Analyzer in this case).
4.The above said points 2 and 3 repeats when you open the tool everytime
untill the tool downloads the Digital Certificate once in the client
machine.

The IE tries to download digital Signatures if the option
"Check for publisher's certificate revocation" in IE options is checked.

Please refer to note 1106067 for further information.

http://service.sap.com/support/notes/1106067

0 Kudos

It is something about the certificates from Verisign.... but exactly this is the question which I have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, can't help you with that. Did you thought of open a message to SAP?

0 Kudos

We have found the reason. BEx Analyzer tried to connect to the internet when it is starting. What does he do in the Internet? We are using the automatically confguration script for proxy (setting in the internet explorer).  And that is not working for BEx. If I define our proxy server dirctely it works fine. Do anybody know if we can chanbe the configuration on BEx, that they do not check the internet when it is starting?

Or could anybody let me know which url or IP adress the check, that we could use this as exception on proxy server?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regads

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

We tested your scenario in our environment and we can confirm your findings.

Which url or IP is checked? We don't know neither...

0 Kudos

sure that could we try. the win 7 is on 32BIT and also the office 2010. I think ther must be some settings in the infrastructure wrong and that would be the reason for this waiting time. I let you know if the patch 11 brings a solution.

0 Kudos

we are using:

SAP GUI 720 Patch 10 and BI add on 720 Support Package 7

or

SAP GUI 720 Patch 7 and BI add on 720 Support Package 3

and both installations have the same problem.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I would suggest that you try one machine with the latest GUI patch 11 and the latest BW/BI patches

applied.

Note also that only 32-bit version of Office 2010 is supported currently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

same here. What is moment, you declare Bex to "be open". We defined this point as: The moment, the variable screen is ready for input.

Is it the same on your site? Do you use citrix?

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos

no only to start Analyzer in Excel, not to the pop up of variable screen.

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is GUI version used by Users who are expericencing  this issue