cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding Distribution demand (planned) in Heuristic run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to exclude Distribution demand (planned) in the heuristic run at DC level, However at factory level same to be considered.

I an running location heuristic . Please let me know if there is any way to fulfil this requirement?

Regards

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dev_shetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

For the DC you want to exclude distribution demand planned, create new item category group and exclude distribution demand planned from the list. Assign this new item category group to the DC. This should make sure that planning run excludes it.

Thanks

Dev

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

I am not sure on what you mentioned. Could you please elaborate?

Is the item category group that you mentioned same as category groups that we use in APO (assigned to key figures in planning area or location product master ATI/ATR parameters) or something else in ECC?

Thanks,

Rajesh

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

You need to touch the macro

Safety Stk/Reorder Point/Targt Stock Lvl

to exclude the distribution demand. You can use the following macro implementation as a reference to influence target stock calculation (here, VMI promotions are excluded from target stock) which in turn influence the planning engine to generate proposals.

You need to define a condition to reduce the total demand based on location type i.e. plant 1001 and DC 1002.

IF( LOC_C( 'LOCTYPE' ; ACT_LOCATION ; ACT_VERSION ) = '1001' )

ReducedTotalDemand = Total Demand

ELSEIF( LOC_C( 'LOCTYPE' ; ACT_LOCATION ; ACT_VERSION ) = '1002' )

ReducedTotalDemand = Total Demand - Distribution Demand

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for quick reply. I am doing correction in Stock balance macro where total demand is calculated. I am removing all other types except forecast in total demand calculation.

Thank you.