Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot remainder.

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

I have a scenario such that we do inspection of the same  material for every 45 day,But as we r not managing a batch we r not able to do recurring inspection we have to do manually inspection.So how in SAP QM system we put the remainder that every 45 day  we have to do inspection of this material & so on, or system should will indicate after 45 day again do inspection for same material.

Regards,

Asif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Asif,

I don't think that for this scenario there is a standard SAP process/config.

You need to do development depending upon your requirement.

My idea would be-

First, maintain a Z table with material/plant details along with it's inspection type and previous lot craetion date.

Second, develop a report/BDC to create an inspection lot with required insp type.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Anup

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a unverified "creative" thought: if you really do not want to use batches, you might also do some testing with physical inventory counting (periodic/cycle counting).

But similar to the other proposals: there is a standard process for recurring inspection in QM, and most likely all other "creative" ways to achieve the same functionality will not work as good and more even will not be as integrated into the other QM processes. From my experience the business will ask for additional feautures in the long run, and at this point it will result in either going back to standard process or individual programming...which is definitly not what you want.

Regards

MH

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couldn't agree more!

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Talk to your PM folks.  It's not really standard but you could maybe create PM work order that is schedueld every 45 days to create a wrok order for your quality lab.  It wouldn't link to anything in QM but would simply serve as a reminder to perform that "work".

FF

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Fighter,

Thanks for your valuable reply, But we didnt have PM module in our organisation.So is there some other way.

Regards,

Asif

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI - If you have QM you have PM.  It is part of the Logistics module and you already paid for it.  It is there to use and try.  There is no extra cost to use it.

FF

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear fire Fighter,

The PM module is not active in production server, as i am QM person , i am never work on PM module.If only master data need to maintain in PM ,u pls tell the steps one  what should i do to in PM.if possible pls send the screen shot on my email Id-  asif001234@yahoo.co.in or asif.sayed007@gmail.com.

Regards,

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is concept of  Logistics - Early Warning System ,you can check it but still customizing your own report is good idea.

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

Will you explain in detail where in logistic & some hint.

Regards,

Asif