cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying a custom action: error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a custom action block following the guidelines from a book from SAP Press.

The final steps tell me to create a Jar file containing the custom action and the catalog.XML. I should then upload the jar file and all dependencies aftwerwards.

However, our MII system is not expecting a jar file. It asks for a ZIP File. What should this Zip contains? I have tried to include my: catalog.xml, CustomAction.jar and dependencies.jar.

This does not work as I'm always getting an error: File could not be loaded. CustomAction.zip. Check error log for details.

The error log learns me nothing. It only contains 180 lines of Java exception

Here is a snippet:

[EXCEPTION]
com.sap.xmii.ejb.common.exception.ExecutionException: File could not be loaded. CustomAction.zip. Check error log for details.
at com.sap.xmii.ejb.common.exception.ExceptionHandler.wrap(ExceptionHandler.java:55)
at com.sap.xmii.ejb.common.exception.ExceptionHandler.logAndWrap(ExceptionHandler.java:36)
at com.sap.xmii.ejb.sysres.ZipHandler.writeResource(ZipHandler.java:46)
at com.sap.xmii.ejb.sysres.ZipHandler.writeResource(ZipHandler.java:18)

Anyway it seems I am not following the procedure correcly. What am I doing wrong?

Philippe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally got it working.

I needed to include the catalog.xml in the jar file, not directly in the ZIP file.

I did not need to include blssdk.zip since the system already had it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you built the custom action against the blssdk.zip?

(system resources -> custom actions -> click icon with the yellow arrow, top right)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The book told me to get the XMII.jar file from the sdn website. So I used these classes instead of the ones in blssdk.zip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried this method as well but it doesn't describe how to include dependency jars.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it should be included in the zip file as far as I know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this as well but didn't work.