cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService for Update Parametric Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is that in SAP MII transaction I want to make a webservice call to SAP ME through HTTP post action block for data collection. To achieve this I am using ProductionService webservice and the method is LogParametricData. My requirement is if the data collection is already done for the SFC, I need to update the data collected value. What is the webservice and method to update the data collected value and how we can make sure that data collection is done or not for the SFC.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Eswaraiah,

LogParametricData WS does not let you check for the existing DC values and then update the collected values.

The idea of searching and updating the existing values is implemented for configuration business objects (master data) of ME: materials, users, user groups, etc. The actual values collected for DC parameters are production business objects. The main requirement for production business objects is to keep all of them in the database once they get to the system. If there is a need to update the existing production business object, then the system is expected to create a copy of this object and apply the necessary changes to that copy. If in GUI you edit the actual value of DC parameter, the system creates that copy of existing value.

Thus the idea of Production WS is simply to push the data to the system, with no need of search for already collected data.

So, the current implementation of LogParametricData does not meet your requirements fully. However, I guess you can use it to save as many values as you need each time when the event of data collection occurs. Whether it is a new data collection or an update to the existing data collection, in any case you will need to create a separate record in the database for it. The only limitation is that LogParametricData cannot create a copy of existing data automatically but rather you should provide all the data to this WS - both the ones that you want to keep unchanged and the ones that are updated.

Of cause, you can request a billable enhancement from SAP or implement a custom WS by means of ME SDK to have exactly what you need.

Regards,

Sergiy