cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Last one month i am facing a problem with stms. While we click adjust import queue button in stms_import txcode to import a tr in our production system, we are getting a error screen which is showing RFC Communication failure. But while i cancel the error screen then i am able to do the transport. This problem is not occurring in regular fashion. As well as stms process is getting very slow in our production system. For your better understanding i am sending error screenshot in the attached file.

Thanks,

Samrat Chakraborty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samrat,

We need to adjust the Transport queue, in case we have different transport groups (i.e different transport directories).

I suspect it could be a intermittent network issue between you DEV and PRD system, it may be because some times DEV system might be loosing connectivity (may be for short time)  with PRD and in turn you might be receiving the error.

STMS could be slow because of slow copying of data and cofiles  files from trns dir of Dev to trans dir of PRD.

Try to ping from Dev to PRD continuously to check some packet loss.

Cheers,

Vishal

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please ensure your TMSADM password in 000 of ERD is known & correct and TMSADM has the right authorizations.

Now login to each of the systems in the domain , and go to SM59 and test the RFC TMSADM@ERD.DOMAIN_ERD .

Once these are sucessfull , go to STMS on all systems of the domain ... and then Overview -->Systems

Click on the ERD and select SAP Systems -->Check and then carry out all the 3 checks.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat,

You can try this.

Go to transaction sm59 -> ABAP Connections ->TMSADM@<SID>.DOMAIN.<SID>

Do a connection test and Authorisation test.

Also you can check the user TMSADM in tcode su01.

-Renu