SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crossdocking/Merchandise Distribution with BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Retail Gurus,

We have a requirement to automate the Goods Receipt of the PO to the DC via the FM BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE. Now the problem is, once the GR is posted, there are no Delivery Documents created for the STOs (to the sites) related to the allocation of the materials/articles received against the PO (for the DC). There were no issues encountered if the process is done through the usual means of MB01/WF30.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

D

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rodel,

Please check if the point of delivery (CD) creation is set as 1 Goods receipt in the adjustment control for document generation.

IMG>Logistics-General>Merchandise distribution>Site profiles for merchandise distribution> select the distribution profile for your site> select your business process (push/pull)>adjustment control for document generation

Cheers

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rodel,

It has been a while since you posted this issue, anyway there are a couple of points you should take care of.

One of them is the tolerances. In your PO and STO the items should better have "unlimited" field selected. Assume that in your STO and PO one material is expected to be procured only for 2 pieces lets say. In case the vendor sends 4 boxes, the system does not generate any delivery document as long as you don't have "unlimited" field selected.

Secondly we also developed a program for posting GR. In that program firstly we were running BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE in simulation mode. If it succeeds that we were running it again. At the end we decided to do this the other way. I mean we called the function but not in simulation mode this time, if the result fails then we call the ROLLBACK function. We thought that running BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE consequtively several times in simulation mode and in real mode prevented the system  from generating correct documents.

Anyhow i don't know why but we still face problems where w eexpect the system to create delivery document as you mentioned above.

Kind regards,

Murat