cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does PI can trigger an interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on PI 7.3 Java stack.

The scenario is, PI through SOAP lookup makes call to webservice for exchange rates, and then maps the response to 2 different receivers.

Information about sender to PI : --> i dont have anything on sender side of PI i.e. expectation is, PI by itself triggers this interface.

Questions -->

1. Is this scenario possible?

2. If yes, then how?

Regards,

Vishal K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I also have similar requirement need to trigger from PI through
SOAP lookup makes call to webservice and store the file in local directory. Can
you please advise.

Thanks in advance.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Your interface very much possible,

1)create one dummy file directory in FTP and use one dummy structure .

2)Create JAVA Mapping and connect to Web site and pull the XML File,in JAVA Mapping return the response file in to output stream.

3)Then map this output to two dow different bstructrues.

ssearch in scn you will get UDF code.

Best Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I also have similar requirement PI through SOAP lookup makes call to pick up XML structure file from partner's Web site. Above you mentioned

"Create JAVA Mapping and connect to Web site and pull the XML File,in JAVA Mapping return the response file in to output stream".

Can you please elaborate steps for connect to Web site and pull XML file.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

PI cannot trigger the interface on itself. Use any dummy interface to invoke it and call the webservice through soap.

Hope this is clear.

Thanks,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

PI can not trigger the interface byitself. PI needs to be invoked. Either by using dummy snder or by using auto schedular to invoke SAP PI.

Shripad

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

In addition to Greg and Gagandepp, a few cents:

and then maps the response to 2 different receivers.

For this purpose you can use multi-mapping: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

Regards.

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vishal,

you can create a dummy sender interface ,sender channel, to trigger the message,

for ex. create dummy File CC to send a dummy message, in mapping don't mapp any sender field with target and call soap lookup and map with target.

This might help you

Regards

Gagandeep

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Your requirement seems identical to what has described in one of his blogs here: . Give it a try and let me know if you had some detailed questions.

Regards,

Greg