Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach configuration to floorplan application

jan_krohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm an absolute FPM beginner, and right after creating my first two test applications, I've run into an interesting behaviour of the apps. I've followed the Developer's Guide step by step, and created two apps with two configurations, one of them manually, and one of them using ACT:

It seems to me the configurations are correctly attached:

Properties and parameters are also the same.

Still when I test the second app, it opens correctly, but when I test the first app, I get an error message: "FPM application Y_FLOORPLAN_TEST was started without configuration".

What is going on here?

Thanks for any help!

Best wishes,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know this might sound silly. But still i wanted to ask. Are you selecting the Application Configuration and then from the context menu ( right click on configuration ) Selecting Test?? From the error that u have mentioned i feel you are trying to Select the Application and not the configuration and selecting Test.

jan_krohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I select the application to test, not the configuration. For the one created in ACT it also works that way, and I'm quite convinced that's how it should be. If you open any of the predefined FPM samples in SICF, they all display without error although they have no configuration attached.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay. Can you please try to select the configuration and then from the context menu select Test. It should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To execute the application directly, in the parameters tab, you shall use parameter WDCONFIGURATIONID and assign the name of the configuration you created. If you do so, the application can be executed directlry.

jan_krohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, indeed, it works.

The second application however doesn't have this parameter set, and still works fine as it is, so the mystery is not completely solved yet...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Thank you for raising this query. Even i observed this for the first time. I am still researching why this happens. If I get something, i will post back. If you find the reason, please post it.

former_member193369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

is the name of your application configuration the same as your application (in the ACT case it is - and in your screenshot I don't see the end of your application configuration name)?

There is an implicit assignment of application configurations based on equal names which is used whenever there is no other assignment!

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Even i observed it right now. When i have the same name for application as well as application configuration, the application can be tested directly. Christain is right.

jan_krohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

YES!! Solved it.

Thanks a lot!

Jan

Answers (0)