Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Forecast from DP to SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello:

I have the next situation:

1- I´m adding a new country (A) with a new plant (A) to SAP. This country use Drop Shipment model to send products from other country (B) from plant B which is in SAP too, to different small islands or "export" customers.

2- Sales to the islands are considered domestic sales and, consequently, we should load the forecast for these customers in the same planning book we load the domestic forecast for country A.

3- The issue is that the islands forecast, in SNP, shouldn't generate requirements in plant A because the deliveries are generated from plant B.

4- I load the domestic forecast for country A in SDP, defining "country = A"; "plant = A"

5- I load the "export" customers forecast for country A in SDP, defining "country = A", "plant =B"

6- I also have forecast in country=B; plant = B. So, when I release the forecast from DP to SNP, I have in SNP plant = B, the forecast from country A + Country B.

7- I need a way to differentiate the forecast coming to SNP from the different countries but, /SAPAPO/MC90 only consider Material-Plant combinations.

Does exist any way to distinguish the forecast in Plant B, coming from country A and B?

Do you have any idea of how can implement this?

Thanks in advance! I hope you can understand the issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the procedure below to separate out forecast release to plant B.

1. Use your selection profile that loads 'export' customers forecast i.e. country = A and plant = B

2. Define activity using t.code /SAPAPO/MC8T assigning your DP planning book and data view. You can either use t.code /SAPAPO/MC8S to define a release profile and assign it to the activity or fill the fields in the activity itself. But, be sure to the set the flag 'Create new orders'. Please use F1-help for details.

3. Define a planning job using t.code /SAPAPO/MC8D, assigning the DP planning book, data view, selection profile defined in step1, and activity defined in step 2.

4. Schedule the planning job run using t.code /SAPAPO/MC8G.

5. This will result in releasing the forecast of Country = A and Plant = B into SNP with Product = X (per your settings) and location = B.

The typical process flow of your forecast release should be as follows:

a. Release normal forecast of Country = B, Plant = B using t.code /SAPAPO/MC90

b. Release normal forecast of Country = A, Plant = A using t.code /SAPAPO/MC90

c. Release the special forecast i.e. Country = A, Plant = B as explained above using t.code /SAPAPO/MC8G.

Assumption:  your location characteristic (e.g. 9ALOCNO) of SNP adn DP's characteristics share same value i.e. Plant B.

Please note that steps a & b are interchangeable but step c should always be last.

At the end of the process, if you load your SNP planning book with plant = b, you can see the total forecast (i.e. normal and special forecasts) for the selected product. If you double click a forecast cell (or right click and select display details option) you can see two different forecasts representing normal and special forecast release.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh... It works perfectly!

Answers (0)