Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM 7.1 SP02 to SP08 Upgrade Inquiry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Good day!

We currently have SAP MDM 7.1 SP02 installed in our system and we are planning to update it to SAP MDM 7.1 SP08. We are still uncertain about how to update the system as this is a first time activity. I couldnt find a direct update guide for SAP MDM 7.1 SP02 to SP08. As per further research, I was able to find a guide from SAP about upgrading from SP01-SP02,SP02-SP03 and so on.

I would just like to ask if it is really mandatory to upgrade SAP MDM 7.1 one level at a time? or is it possible for us to directly upgrade from SP02 to SP08 and skip the other levels? What are the possible risk of skipping level in upgrading SAP MDM 7.1?

Your response to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and God bless!

Jarenz P. Llantero

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can directly upgrade from SP02 to SP08, there wont be much problem, but with extreme caution and be diligent, you may never know in much step you encounter the error or an exception.

Risks as such would be like each version is much id upgraded from previous and henceforth so there may be some system files, which may not be compatible like in your case, SP02 to SP08 directly.

But you can upgrade skipping the intermediate levels, but extreme caution and diligent effort is required.

But the best practise says to move forward is step by step just to avoid error.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Good day!

Thanks for the information. Im actually more comfortable in upgrading our MDM 7.1 level by level. How many hours does it usually take in upgrading from one SP to another assuming that there will be no error?

Thanks and God bless.

Regards,

Jarenz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The span of time varies from 3 hrs to 6hrs depending on the system configuration.

Ideally it should take more than 4hours, including every component, MDM, PI, EP and CE.

Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (0)