cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Interchangeability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts..

I have below scenario when relasing forecast from DP to SNP.

DC 1 - Product A

------> Location 1

DC 2 - Product A

I have forecast for Product A at DC 1 and DC 2 which should be released to Location 1 When we release forecast.

Can any one explian if you have experieced such situation?

Regards

Narasimha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimha,

I guess you must be asking for a solution to consolidate your forecast and then release to a different location. Is that correct?

If so,

1. Define another characteristic in your MPOS to represent aggregated location i.e. Location 1 (say location)

2. Use the existing location characteristic to represent DC1 or DC2 (say sublocation)

3. Define CVC as Product, Location, and Sublocation

e.g. Prod1, Loc1, DC1

Prod1, Loc1, DC2

4. If you don't wish to aggregate, define CVC using same value for location and sublocation

e.g. Prod2, DC3, DC3

5. Assign the product and location characteristics as

Product characteristic = Characteristic of Prod1

Location characteristic = Characteristic of Loc1 i.e. Location

6. Generate forecasts at the detailed level i.e. DC1 or DC2

7. Ensure that forecast is correctly rolled up at location level i.e. Loc1. You just need to define a selection profile with just product and location characteristics to load the data.

Forecast at Loc1 = Forecast of DC1 + Forecast of DC2

8. Release the forecast to SNP and verify your forecast in SNP data view with characteristic assignment as described in # 5.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the quick reply.

No. I am not looking to consolidate before releasing the forecast to SNP. Instead I want to subsittute the DC1 and DC 2 with Location 1 when I do a Mass rel of forecast to SNP.

Regards

Narasimha

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimha,

I don't think you have location substitution in DP (similar to interchangeability supported by other applications). May be you can use macros to move or copy the forecasts from one location to another location.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

In your example, you have 2 source locations and 1 Destination location. So in this case you would loose either of the copy results which ever you write first. Is this you want?

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I want to sum up the forecast from both the DC in to 1 Location when we are releasing the forecast to SNP.

Regards

Narasimha

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimha,

Then, you can use the method suggested in my first response.

Thanks,

Rajesh