cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Master Inspection Characteristics to Task Lists WO Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am currently carrying out Data Migration related to PM - and I am having an issues related to Preventative Work Orders. Below is the sequence in which I am loading Data:

1) Create the Master Inspection Characteristic (1st Load)

2) Create Header and Operation of Task List (2nd Load)

3) Assign Master Inspection Characteristics to the Task List (3rd Load)

In regards to this loading sequence, I then assign the Task List to a Maintenance Plan. Then I generate the Preventative Work Order.

The issue I am facing is that any Work Order which is in the Past does not generate the Inspection Lot (All future Work Orders generate with Inspection Lot)

I have changed the loading sequence to:

1) Create the Master Inspection Characteristic (1st Load)

2) Create Header and Operation of Task List and Assign the Master Inspection Characteristics (2nd Load)

Following this order of loading the Inspection Lot generates in the Past Work Orders. The problem is it is difficult to assign the MIC to the Task List at the same time of Creation unless I run it in the foreground and assign them manually - which is very time consuming.

If anyone has any suggestions in regards to the issue of why a Work Order will not generate in the Past if I dont assign the MIC to the Task List at the time of Creation would be very helpful?

Thank you,

Muna S.K Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muna,

I am in the process of doing the same and at my place I have already created the MIC and now in the process of Creating the Task list and assigning the MIC to the Task List, for this I have written a BDC(in Process, ABAPER working).

and henceforth I will be uploading the plans with the task list.

I dont know where is the problem can you please share the Exact issue.

Regards,

Yawar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yawar,

Is there a way to assign the MIC to the Task List at the same time without using a BDC Program? Reason I am asking is because I have very limited time know as we only spotted this issues a few days ago, and our Go-Live is very soon?

I would really be greatful if you could provide any tips/insights in regards to the load part as if I use Sequence 1 I have no issues loading them, just that Sequence 2 I have to do it manually

Thank you very much,

Muna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muna,

before going for BDC we checked out the possibilities for LSMW, but unfortunately it is not recommended by the experts

please check for the below link.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2025602

Regards,

Yawar Khan

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

The first sequence is good , i think there is some date problem while assigning the MIC to the task list. just check whether the MIC assigning date should be earlier than the work order generating date.

Regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I have some Work orders which go back way in time- some that are from 2010. So I cannot assign the MIC to the Task List back in time So I have really no idea why if I follow the first sequence 3 steps the Backlog Work Orders do not generate. I have tried many scenarios regarding the dates of the MIC/Task Lists and still have this issue for the Backlog. The only way I know it works is using Sequence 2.

So would really appreciate any other thoughts you may have,

Thanks

Muna