cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass settlement of Rebate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This Scenario is regarding the Sales Commission in Rebate.Is there a way to do the mass settlement of Rebate like suppose I have two Rebate Agreements i.e.

Rebate Agreement - 101

Total Accrual Value - Rs.1000

To be paid - Rs. 1000

Rebate Agreement - 102

Total Accrual Value - Rs.2000

To be paid - Rs. 2000

So can I settle the two Rebate Agreements in a single screen so that two credit memo requests will be created rather than going to VBO2 for each agreement number and do the same process. Kindly suggest.

Your urgent reply will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have you tried transaction VB(7 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken, Thanks for the prompt reply. In transaction VB(7 , I can see the open / closed  agreements but can I enter the amount to be paid for each agreement . How the credit memo request will be generated for those agreements in a one click. Is it possible ? Please elaborate in detail.

Best Regards, Ankur

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The amount of the partial settlement payment in VB(7 is dependent on the configuration of the agreement type (VB(2, see the section called Manual payments).  You cannot set an agreement-specific dollar amount for payment if you use VB(7 in standard SAP.  But you can configure for payment of all accruals posted.

Here is a link to the best documentation I have seen regarding rebate processing in SAP: http://www.erpgenie.com/publications/saptips/052005.pdf

Regards

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Sorry for the delay in response.I have read you document but still unable to get an answer. Can you tell me in detail as how to configure so that system will automatically create a Credit Memo Request & Credit Memo for each open agreement.

I have 85 rebate agreements & the commission will be paid after each month by referring these rebate agreements & after payment the commission will be accumulated in the existing Rebate Agreements. Client does't want to create manually Credit Memo Request & Credit Memo after each month end. Is there any way that it can be done automatically in the background through standard or it would be a development.

Kindly revert at the earliest.

Best Regards,

Ankur

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The rebate agreement definition (t-code “VB(2”)tells the system what kind of sales document to create based on the form of settlement (partial or final) of the agreement.  Our system follows the SAP standard:  Agreement type 0001 creates a sales document type B3 Partial Rebate Settlement Request for partial settlements. 

The configuration of the B3 sales document (t-code V0V8) associates the Order-related billing document type B3 Rebate Partial Settlement to the sales document. 

Our month-end process for rebate payments is the execute t-code “VB(7”.  We have a variant that populates the selection screen with

• the agreement numbers that we settle monthly (over 100 of them).  The standard program will not query for agreements that are open.  You have to enter selection criteria that will get the ones you want settled.
  • Validity end date before 12/31/[current year].  That works because our agreements are set up for a year and paid monthly.
  • Organization data needs to match that of the agreements themselves
  • Settlement date = end-of-month
  • Rebate settlement status:  the Open box is checked
  • Actions:  Carry out partial settlement is selected.

Executing the program generates the B3 sales documents.  Billing is done with a daily collective billing run.  Once a B3 billing document and associated accounting document is created, the AP entry is ready for the next payment run.

I suppose you could set up your variant for VB(7 and execute it in the background on a monthly schedule.  That would make the whole process “hands free” until you need to do a final settlement on the agreements.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Now it's working fine as per your inputs.

Thanks a lot...

Best Regards,

Ankur

Answers (0)