Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM Weight and Volume calculation in Packaging Specification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

maybe some one already solve similar problem in EWM Packaging Specification:

Packaging Specification for each level calculate volume and weight using volume and weight from base unit of measure.

But, for example inner or case can have different volume, because they pack in vacum.

1 PC = 0,023 dm3

1 CASE\BOX = 2500 PC = 30 dm3, but in Packaging Specification system calculate 0.023 Х 2500 = 57,5

How can I force Packaging Specification calculate for each level volume and weight from alternative unit of measure base for example on Operative unit of measure in Packaging Specification level?

P.S. Can be solution for such case - Packaging Specification in Packaging Specification with different AUM, but maintenance...

Any help appreciated,

Thx in advice!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

would you not have to maintain the volume manually in this case (setting the flag for "manual" in the pack spec and maintain the volume)? Would not think that the system can use the alternative UoM.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course Juergen we can maintain volume maually by marking flag "Manual" and "Closed".

Also i create a programm wich using FM /SCWM/API_PACKSPEC_CREATE for automatic pack spec creation from product master data.

But at the end i recive dump, when total volume of the handling unit contents greater than  total volume of the handling unit, system explain it: can't conver "*" as a number.

BR