cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party issue related to po quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After creation of sales order with reference to purchase requisation i created  purchase order i have an issue there i need to change quantity . how can i change quantity at purchase order level. where is the functionality.does it effect to sales order?

Regards

kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Yes you can change the quantity at purchase order in ME22n. but I have checked it personally, which does not change at sales order (in VA02) .

I am also enclosing the screen shot where you can easilty change the quantity and if it is already saved then go to ME22n.

In the following example I have started my sales order with 1 pc and saved it and at purchase order level i.e in ME21N i made it to 3. and also I checked in VA01 subsequently, which was unchanged.

However, What you asked is and answer is YES. and the functionality lies in ME21N or ME22N

i need to change quantity . how can i change quantity at purchase order level. where is the functionality.does it effect to sales order?

next is wheather it will change the sales order, for me it has not changed.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for your quick reply but if you do like this while processing MIRO  does it accept ? we can create  order related billing according to invoice qty .if we change the order quantity at purchase order level does it show any effect

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are two things that you are asking:

1. To change the PO Quantity: I would suggest not to change the PO Quantity, but Delete the PO (Line Item in PO ) & then change the Sales Order Quantity, which will change the PR Quantity automatically & subsequently create a new PO.

2. Change QTY at MIRO level: I believe your scenario is like this: you created PO for 100 QTY & you received 105 Quantity. thus while doing MIRO you will enter 105 Qty & the Sales Invoice also should be created for 105 QTY. If this is the requirement, then you need to set Billing Relevance as F - Order-related billing doc. - status according to invoice qty in your Sales Item Category (T0Code VOV7). By doing this system while creating Sales Invoice, will consider QTY from MIRO document.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

In this scenario  my customer ordered for 100 qty but due to insufficient stock vendor can't send total qty , instead of sending 100 qty he sends only 60 availabilty qty that is the reason he wants to change  60 qty at Purchase order  level. Actually it is picking total 100 qty ,if we change as 60 qty .what are the changes will be happened ?

Regards

Kiran

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In that case you need not change anything. Just do MIRO with 60 Quantity & then when you create Sales Invoice, system will automatically take Billing Quantity as 60 (if you have set Billing Relevance as F in VOV7 for your Sales Item Category.

Now is the vendor going to delivery the balance 40 Quantity in future, if yes then you should not change anything now. If he is not going to delivery anything in future then you can change the PO Quantity to 60 & save the same.

What is important in Third Party Sales is Customer should be Invoiced for exact Quantity (in your case 60) that is delivered to him. Thus the setting of F in Billing Relevance in Item Category is very important.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are right  but In my case order qty differ with invoice qty , anything happens if i process with 60 aty at PO level. remaining qty can i process in future with reference to same sales order.

Regards

Kiran

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can definitely use the same PO in future if you do not change Quantities.

See the scenario is Sales Order - 100 Qty, PR - 100 Qty, PO - 100 Qty & MIRO 60 Qty so you create Customer Invoice for 60 Qty.

Now you should not change Quantity in PO or in SO. In future when the vendor delivers remaining 40 Qty, just create MIRO for 40 Qty & when you create Customer Invoice system will automatically take quantity as 40.

If you change the Quantity in PO to 60, then in future you will have to create PO again with reference to original PR. So it depends on your decision, which option to chose.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can change the PO quantity, and by standard this will change the third party sales order quantity (in the schedule line level also). If this does not change, then check whether any of these OSS applies to your sceanrios; Note 1361281 - Third-party: quantity not changed after update from PO and Note 1391864 - Third-party: Sales order not updated from purchase order

Just came across another OSS Note 550192 - FAQ: Changing third-party and individual PO items , which looks more informative. Take a look at this.

Regards,

Arif1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No, you cannot change the item category from individual purchase order because an individual purchase order item generates a CO object in the background which does not allow this change. After Saving Sales Order, you must delete it first, then you must reject or delete the individual purchase order item, and then you have to create the third-party item again