cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring CLM - Content Lifecycle Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having an issue understanding how to configure the System Registry entry in ABAP for CLM (Content Lifecycle Management).

I am using CLM to take data from Dev. to QA and then to Production. (3 environments, but just one PC installation).

I have correctly created the RFC connection in SM59 to call back on itself

However, when it comes to setting up the system registry, there is not much information.

In the following document, http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-1597, it states that the next step after creating the RFC connection is to "Maintain System Registry",

but it does not mention the requirement of defining global settings, such as the namespace and repository ID, or what its the API group ID should.

I understand how to define the authoring domains and the applications since this is for only PC and one installation.

Does anyone have a better way of explaining how to configure CLM in abap?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we user CLM to import/export GRC AC configuration and workflows (MSMP workflows and BRF+ rules)?

I guess no..

Kindly lend me your thought.

Regards,

Amit Kumar Sharma

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mayorline,

As you said,global settings is where the content author indicate the unique namespace and repository ID.Its  required only when the  business process Providing content.

And its not required for business process consuming content.

Where as Authoring domain is used to classify the content

Example-GRC_AC_SAP, GRC_PC_SAP etc.,

In 'Define Application', you list the applications with ID's with which CLM interacts with.

Example-Process control 10.0, Risk management 10.0 etc.,

Yes, these are not mentioned in the document that you mentioned, but you can more details in

GRC10 Installation Guide.

regards,

Rajeshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeshwari,

in regards to your answer:

If I wanted the data to only to from PC to another mandate (dev, QA, Prod.), then there should only be one authoring domain called GRC_PC_SAP.

Where is that defined/assigned... what I mean is:

if i call something GRC_PC_SAP, how does the Process Control system know that IT is called GRC_PC_SAP?

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mayorline,

The authoring domain is assigned to the API group while defined the system registry.

As these API's are RFC-enabled funtion modules which allow CLM various activities like extract , upload and deploy.

regards,

Rajeshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeshwari,

In what screen is the authoring domain defined to the API?

Thanks.

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mayorline,

This assignment exists in system registry as below,

0 Kudos

Hi Rajeshwari,

Rajeshwari Akkamgari wrote:

As you said,global settings is where the content author indicate the unique namespace and repository ID.Its  required only when the  business process Providing content.

And its not required for business process consuming content.

Besides the quoted statement above I understood everything you explained before.

But could please specify the usage the text marked in bold letters? What exactly do you mean by providing/ consuming content?

Do you mean, if I export from/ import to specific GRC systems?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Kind regards

Endre Balla

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Endre,

Thats correct. It means export from/import to specific system.

regards,

Rajeshwari

0 Kudos

Hi Rajeshwari,

thanks for the clarification.

Kind regards,

Endre