cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Create ANOTHER Transport Reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client is running MDM 7.1.  I inherited a vendor repository and need to make some schema table and map changes.  I am aware of the process and have the SAP document for CTS+ tranporting.  My client uses manual change deployment versus actually going through CTS+.  There are no delta files in the directory. The repository is running in QA and Production too.

I see that there are two transport reference files in /MDM/transport/outbound, but I am not 100% sure the latest one (the one with name "...002_reference.xml" is safe to use.  If I would have seen a 001_reference, then a 001_delta, then a new 002_reference, I would have felt safe proceeding with my changes.

Is it fine to just create a fresh reference point (003) and go from there with deltas rather than hope the latest one I see is up to date?

Are there other issues I am not considering? 

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keith ,

Creating a new Transport Refernce would be a little risky now as different environement migh be pointing at different references .

Instead create a new Export Change file if you are not sure on the changes which are currently there .

The best option would be to do a schema transport to all the environments and take a new Reference file and then have a clean start .

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

As suggested in the above post, best option would be to do a Schema Transport(Export Schema ==> Import Schema) to all the environments so that repository structure in all the systems is Identical.

Once it is done, then you can create New Reference File and then carry out your transports through CTS+. This way you will negate the possibility of loss of any Changes done in One environment.

Also it is recommended to create Reference File when you have identical Repository structure in both environments. So it is better to do one schema transport and then create Latest Reference File and use it for future CTS+ transports. I hope this helps. Thank you.