Please help.

Regards Awanendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming you have the permissions to create OMA packagaes, you need to do the following:

1. Setup > Import and Export Tools > Export data
  2. Under Instructions, click Add. Export type will be Single SRM Object. Object type is Script Definition.
  3. Search for the script that you have changed and select it in the Object picker screen. Click Add
  4. The under Exports, click Add, then Save
  5. Navigate back to the package list screen and click Save and then Document > Refresh
  6. Under Exports you will see the OMA being created with Status = Complete
  7. Save this to your local machine and import into target system

You may also want to view the webcast on Object Migration here:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27922

Thanks,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram

Thank you very much for Help and wonderfull knowledge here. But in my ESO 7.0 when i go to

- Single Object , i am not seeing any Object Type as "Script Definition"  But I searched under Object List and i was able to find "Query" i.e.

1 - Query Definistion - All Active Script Definitions

Where Query is written as

SELECT <%RESULTS%> FROM <%SCHEMA%>.FCI_DOC_SCRIPT_DEFINITION WHERE INACTIVE = 0 AND CONTEXTID=<%CONTEXT(doccommon.scripting.script_definition)%> <%ORDERBY%>

This is Enterprise Query.

2 - Query Definition ----> Script Definition

SELECT <%RESULTS%> FROM <%SCHEMA%>.FCI_DOC_SCRIPT_DEFINITION WHERE CONTEXTID=<%CONTEXT(doccommon.scripting.script_definition)%> AND INACTIVE=0 AND EXTERNAL_ID LIKE '%custom.project.sp%' <%ORDERBY%>

After reviewing both above query definition , i thought 1st one may nt be good for us because i wanted to migrate only one Script not all .

I was little bit confident on second query definition and i created a package for second query definition. But while creating package this never asked / prompted me about only the "Script" which i modified.

At this point of time i only want to migrate the script which i modify and i feel there should be a way to refer only that script inside my package.

Please advice. Do i need to change the query in Query definition.

Regards Awanendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see.

For this you would need to create a Custom Query and then you would see the Script Definition option available in the dropdown for Single SRM object.

You will need to write your Custom query in the same way as the FCI-ScriptDefinition-OML. Once you do this, the dropdown will be available with 'Script Definition' option.

Another way of migration scripts is to do a Dataset instead of Single SRM object in step 1. This will take all your scripts from source environment. In the dataset screen, pick up 4. Master Data and you will find Script Definition in the Set Filter dropdown. Rest of the steps remain the same.

Hope this helps,

Vikram Shukla