cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consideration of varied number of working days in forecast calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we calculate the forecast on a monthly basis. Now, we want to consider the varied number of working days in our forecast calculation as well. The forecast should be calculated based on the effective number of working days (so with exclusion and consideration of public holidays etc.).

First question: how can I realize this?

To avoid maintenance, it would be ideal to revert to an already existing fabrique calendar......

Second question: Is this possible?

Which are the essential settings to realize this forecast calculation?

Thanks for your support!

Kind regards

Heinz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heinz,

You have 2 options to use calendars.

1. Using calendar/time stream id at planning area level (technical periods in which data stored will be aligned with working days per your calendar settings)

• Take a backup of your DP planning area and deinitialize it
  • Setup a calendar in APO itself using t.code /SAPAPO/CALENDAR (time stream id)
  • Update your storage bucket profile using t.code /SAPAPO/TR32 and add the time stream id created in step # 1
  • Reinitialize the planning area

2. Use Fiscal Period Variant. It's an indirect way to meet the requirement. Here, you define periods and number of working days for each period.

• You can maintain fiscal period variant in SPRO. IMG>APO>Supply Chain Planning>Demand planning>Basic Settings
  • Assign to FV to your time bucket profile (t.code /SAPAPO/TR30) to be used in the data view
  • or use the FV in your forecast profile (t.code /SAPAPO/MC96B)

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your answers - I am proofing your solution proposals at the moment.

But there is one thing, I am not knowing: the way to transfer a calendar from ECC to APO (perhaps as fiscal period as you proposed) - how do I do this?

Thanks again for your support in advance!

Kind regards

Heinz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heinz,

To transfer global data including currancies, units-of-measurement, fiscal year variants and factory calendars:

1. TA RSA1

2. Select Source Systems under Modeling

3. On right side of screen under SAP, right-click on the connected ECC system.

4. Select the data you want to transfer

5. Pick Simulation (Test), Update(delta) or Rebuild (the whole thing)

6. Execute

Try it out in a test system first to see how it works.

Best regards,

Mike

former_member209252
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh

Can you please explain how to set a fiscal year variant that can be linked to out time bucket /sapapo/tr30

so we will have allways 5 days a week   for all the year?

Thanks

Boaz

dev_shetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Heinz,

Have you tried option of transfering calendar from ECC. Transfer calendar with all the holidays you want from ECC as fiscal variant. Assign the this fiscal variant to planning bucket profile. Use this planning bucket profile in your demand planning.

Thanks

Dev