cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update RFx document from custom fields webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am in SRM 7. I have a custom table enhanced to a standard view in bid invitation header.

Based on the product categories entered in the table, I am filling the values in the table and printing it on header. The table also has some input enabled fields. I need to update the bid invitation header once the user has entered any values.

How do I achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add header fields without creating an enhancement point in any standard view and the customs fields are saved automatically in DB.

Check the following link:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25692

In your case if you want a table you need to create the fields in substructure THCUS.

You can go to SPRO to the following path:

SAP Supplier Relationship Management-> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Extensions and Field Control (Personalization) -> Create Table Extensions and Supply with Data -> Define Customer Table Extensions on Header Level

Add an append structure with the fields you want. Then for set to visible this fields you need to go to SPRO to:

Control Table Extensions and Their Fields and Actions -> Set Visibility of Table Extensions

If you add the table in that way you can use the badi BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI and you have all the fields in the parameter ET_HCF, so you can update easily the header using the parameter ES_HEADER.

If you want to do it anyway from the WebDynpro, you need to use the attributes of the view, check the methods, you probably need to use the method /SAPSRM/IF_CLL_MAPPER~UPDATE and maybe add an enhancement point in that classes...

Hope this help you.

Regards,

Ricardo.

EDIT: a link to the wiki http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/Table+extensions+in+SAP+SRM+7.0

Message was edited by: Ricardo Romero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for your reply. I tried out the table extension method now. I have added the settings in SPRO. Whenever I enter any values, I can see that it is getting saved in DB but the values are not displayed when I view the document.

Please let me know what am I missing.

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gayathri,

Check the following document I've just created. Is for PO but the process is the same for RFx.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28602

Regards,

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ricardo,

Thanks a lot for your input.Nice document!. Somehow the data in the quot seems to be not displayed although Rfx and PO is fine.

I have one more doubt. I need to have a dynamic F4 help. That means based on one of the field in the custom field structure (which is retrieved in doc_change_badi), I need to fetch the domain values and display it as F4. This means the F4 can be different for each row in the table extension..

How do I achieve this?

Kind Regards,

Gayathri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gayathri,

Did you check if the custom field entry is available in Configure Field Control in SPRO , sometimes if you miss that the custom fields dont appear in the UI.

For F4 help thats a lot of coding in the webdynpro side where in you will have to associate an action to each field and hence populate your F4 values.

Let us know if you are still stuck on the F4.

Regards,

Naveen