cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI web service consumer user id authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have hosted a web service in PI 7.1 and i could consume the web service from web dynpro java application. In the web dynpro code i tested by passing my PI user id  and password for authenticating web service and successfully invoked the web service. I need to know the minimum authorization required for  creating a service user id  that will be shared with end users for consuming a web service hosted in PI. I tried creating PI service user  with the below authrorization  but the problem with this user id is that i can access ESR and can create service interface .Please let me know authorization object for granting end user for just consuming web services hosted in PI.

• SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER
  • SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_PI_CFG_SRV

Thanks in advance,

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasudevan,

I have the next roles and i haven't any problem to develop, execute and monitor in PI 7.1:

Regards.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Find your solution in this thread: , as described by . Putting things simple, in addition to adding the roles you mentioned, set the user type to Communication. Thanks to this, dialog logon will not be possible using this user.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Greg . I already looked into the thread before and  created communication user and assigning authorization given below but within ESR i am able to create service interface with this user id  but i was not able to create namespace.

• SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER
former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure you set the user type to communication user? Normally, you shouldn't be able to log on in dialog mode with this user.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay i will again check with  our SAP authorization team. They have set  it in PI ABAP stack as communication user and i did login to ESR after that.

Regards

Vasu

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check type of user yourself with tcode SU01d.

Go to Logon Data tab and check User Type.

Also I never tried myself but if you want to have anonymous access to the webservice, you can do that changing the exchange profile property as referred in sapnote 1466002.  You need to check your security policy before using this as it simply skips the need of user creation for PI web service access.

com.sap.aii.ibdir.wsdl.servlet.authentication = off

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked some more links from help.sap. It seems the sapnote I referred is just helpful for WSDL access, not relevant to PI web service authentication.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

We created new user  with user type in abap as  "communucation method" in PI abap stack with following authorization .

• SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

With this user i can login to ESR and also able to create service interface / data type . I am not able to create namespace.

Regards

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can someone help me with regd to my above query?

Thanks,

Vasu

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Vasudevan,

I am not sure if i get the question completely. If you want to provide a user for consuming the web service, the role SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_SERVICE_USER(backend) or SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_CONSUMER should be enough. Are you also trying to use the same user for creating service interface?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i am trying same user to create Service Interface in PI. I want  to give minimal authorization for this user id for just consuming web services. I don't want this user id to have authorization to create / delete anything under ESR / ID.

Regards

Vasu

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should differentiate web service consumer versus developer. If you use one of the roles(SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_SERVICE_USER(backend) or SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_CONSUMER) for service consumer, it should work.As far as creating service interface, you should try a different user.