cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of a PO for a Material Group

angela_flynn
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am wondering if there is a way that you can create PO's for a Material Group.  Here is the senario I am trying to address.  We presently have large contracts with many materials on them and they are manually entered on the requistion and subsequently converted to a PO.  The entering of all the materials for say a set Group of Material i.e. Wire from one vendor ( we are a utility buying wire is the norm and we buy all kinds) so we would like to have a kind of blanket PO where we need to do a GR so we can get the items into inventory and have the MAP updated on the Material  Master.  We dont want to have to key all the individual material numbers into the requisition if possible we would like to be able to put a Material Group ie. Wire and as we order from the vendor update the Material Master via GR and costs via IR.  Just wondering how to do this in SAP, has anyone utilited something similar.  It is the tedious task of the many lines (perhaps 100's of lines) we are trying to stream line--we thought there may be a way in SAP to do this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

u can create outline agreements (Contracts / scheduling agreement) for material group via item category "W".

In case u want to use it in PO u will have to add item category "W" in allowed item categories for PO type "FO" , in

IMG---> MM--->Purchasing----> Purchase order----> define document type

cheers

Avinash

angela_flynn
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is very helpful.  But let me understand when I create the W type and doc types it will allow me to create a requisiton of contract for a material group I will not need to add specific materials to it until I cut the po for the item I am needing. I dont want to have to put hundreds of material numbers on a Contract or req when we are not certain what exactly we are buying just that we want to award the contract for all wire to this vendor. 

I did try to create the W for Contract and requistions and I am getting the message "Field selection PT8B not defined" in table 161--any ideas? 

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMG---> MM--->Purchasing----> Purchase requisition----> Define Screen Layout at Document Level

copy PT1B  and create PT8B   and now check

cheers

Avinash

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried creating PO through ME21N with Indirect PO type.

Do not put any material number, specify the Material group and process go ahead further.

Let us know if you face any issue

Pre-requisites: You should have the Material group already created.

Thanks

angela_flynn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response if you would not mind elaborating a bit further.  What is an Indirect PO type that is not quite clear to me.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a kind of PO type as we have many like STO Order, Spot buy, and Plant abroad.....

Go to ME21N

Select Indirect PO, by default it shows you on the screen.

Go ahead with creating it n test system.

Let me know for any help

Thanks

angela_flynn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry to be so confused to you but we presently only have FO and NB and STO types in our system do you mean create a different type?  or am I missing something