cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodic Billing in Rental Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is the 1st time I am working on Billing Plan & Rental Contract.

I am using periodic billing in rental contract MV. After entering the contract start date and end date system is not taking Validity Period Category & Contract validity period ( In Contract Data tab in Header) and Cancellation Procedure.

1. When I enter those data manually system gives me a warning msg that The contract duration & Contract validity period differs.

2. In Billing Plan tab system proposes billing dates and Shows Billing Status as A (Not yet processed) against them. But when I try to do billing with billing doc type FV system is billing for all the dates in single invoice. When I go back to see the Billing Status of the same contract its C (Completely processed) against all the dates.

Please guide me where I am wrong..

Thanking you all in advance

Regards,

AKN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Whenever you create rental contract,system should determine the billing blocks for each date or period automatically.whenever you want to bill for a particular date or period you should remove the billing block for that specific date and bill the customer. for this you should make configuration path given by Jignesh.

Thank you,

Ravikumar.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I created rental contract with standard document type MV but system did not determine any billing block. And is the billing block mandatory to bill as per billing plan?

AKN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Specify the billing block as specified in screen shot

Yes it is mandatory.If you set this billing block example 01,then system determines it for all dates by default.So you can not create a billing until unless you remove the billing block for the specific period.If you remove billing block for 2 months then 2 line items come into the billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

After specifying billing block we will have to remove it every time before creating invoice.

Is there any other way to achieve the required result with out specifying billing block ?

AKN

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I feel Billing Block is not necessary.

Hope you have maintain the Billing Date Propose in Billing Plan Type:

IMG - Sales and Distribution - Billing - Billing Plan - Define Billing Plan Types - Maintain billing plan types for periodic billing -

Here under Billing Data: Date Proposal maintain the following:

Next Bill. Date: 50 - Monthly on First of Month

Def. Date Cat.: 01 - Rent

If you want to create BIll in Advance i.e. for Rent of may 2012 you want to create Invoice on 1st May the put at Tick mark in "In Avance" check box.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

I have maintained

Next Bill. Date: 50 - Monthly on First of Month and Def. Date Cat.: 01 - Rent.

So where I am wrong please guide me.

What config is to be done so that system takes Validity Period Category, Contract validity period and Cancellation Procedure ( In Contract Data tab in Header) automatically once we enter contract start date & end date?

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. IMG - Sales and Distribution - Sales - Sales Documents - Contracts - Contract Data -

Define Contract Profiles - define a COntract Profile or use SAP Standard 0001 & assign the same to Sales Document Type MV in T-Code VOV8 under Contract - Contract Profile

2. IMG - Sales and Distribution - Sales - Sales Documents - Contracts - Contract Data - Control Cancellation - Make sure that assignments are made in Assign Cancellation Rules And Cancellation Procedures & the Cancellation Procedure 0001 is assigned to above Contract Profile.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now my 1st query is solved.

But still when I m trying to create invoice. System is showing an invoice split and if I select 1 and bill the billing status in the contract is becoming C for all billing dates.

Please guide me what should I do for that..

AKN

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you creating Invoice thru T-Code VF01 or VF04?

I would suggest to create Periodic Rent Invoice thru VF04 & select the respective month to be invoiced.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried doing the same in VF04 and achieved required result.

Thanks a lot Jignesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when you are putting billing block that means you have to clear the billing block individually in every document and if you are not then then you can proceed as the process as its is

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is mandatory.If you set this billing block example 01,then system determines it for all dates by default.So you can not create a billing until unless you remove the billing block for the specific period.If you remove billing block for 2 months then 2 line items come into the billing.

This is the best way.Basically if your system is integrated with PS module then you can achieve it,in this case you do not need to remove billing block every time.Otherwise you should remove it manually.

Thank you,

Ravikumar.Ravooru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

What config is to be done so that system takes Validity Period Category, Contract validity period and Cancellation Procedure ( In Contract Data tab in Header) automatically once we enter contract start date & end date.

AKN

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the FOllowing:

IMG - Sales and Distribution - Billing - Billing Plan - Define Billing Plan Types - Maintain billing plan types for periodic billing -

Here check the Horizon & Dates from & Dates Until. This Periodic BIlling PLan Type is assigned to Sales Document Type - MV -  Under Billing Tab & to Item Category.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Thanx for your quick response.

I have maintained the following

Horizon- 52- Horizon 1 year

Dates from-11-Contract Start Date

Dates Untill-09-Contract End Date

It is assigned to MV and MVN

AKN