cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 Creating and Executing Variants - Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP GRC Gurus

We are currently in the process of implementing GRC 10 for ARA and have encountered an issue with variants.

Scenario

When running a report on role level risk analysis.  I input the various selection criteria and save this as a variant i.e. maintain settings at the 'analysis criteria' and 'report option' level.  When I select this variant again the analysis criteria are not presented, only the name of my variant.  The report options do pull through as maintained.  When I select to run in the foreground I receive an error 'role type is mandatory'.

For some reason the variant is not presenting or holding my analysis criteria. 

Can anyone advise on why this is occuring.  It seems highly unlikely that is relates to a configuration setting as variants typically work 'out of the box'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Gráinne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The OSS note applied was 1686584 and this fixed the variant issue.  Variants now working as expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have similar problem on SP08 but for EAM, creating a variant for consolidated log report.  I have submitted a message and referenced this thread.   If it's same root cause, I'm hoping that will help them along.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running into the same issue now.  We are on SP06.  Were you able to get this issue resolved?  If so, what did you do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is a message I submitted to SAP for our problem using variants in SP08:

We are on GRC AC 10.0 SP08 and in the consolidated log report I created a variant. However when I try to run the variant again the analysis criteria are not presented, only the name of my variant. When I select to run in the foreground I receive an error "no record found" though

running with the same selection criteria without the variant does find records. This is similar to SDN http://scn.sap.com/thread/3176221 but for EAM rather than ARA. Same root cause perhaps?

SAP replied and first told us to apply Note 1754007 which did not fix the problem and then 1760245 which did fix the problem for us.

I found it interesting that a comment was made in the message "This is a complex issue as it is getting effected from Floor plan manager (FPM) component. We are analyzing about the options." and "There will be processign delay due to complexity of issue."    I'm not sure what the Floor Plan Manager does, but if it makes saving a variant a complex issue then I'm not a big fan.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

This was a SAP issue so having raised an OSS note we were presented with an OSS note which has now resolved the issue.  The details of note are on my client PC so I will post details next week.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grainne,

You can also check with the below SAP Notes

1671208, 1669736, 1679595, 1639610

Regards,

Shaily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shaily, will let you know how we get on.  Have mailed our Basis team so fingers crossed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaily

Earlier today we installed SP08 which supersedes the notes mentioned.  Sadly issue remains.  We have raised issue with SAP so will post resolution wheh received.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gráinne,

It seems you have not provided currently which support pack you are in.

Based on my observations on each support pack, lot of issues variant related issues are resolved in SP08. Here are couple of notes I could find regarding variants which might match to your issue.

1679515, 1680777, 1682297, 1684095, 1684835, 1685426, 1687676 etc..

let me know if these notes does not match to your issue.

Regards,

Venkata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata

Many thanks for coming back to us.  We're finding it unusual that noone else has experienced or raised this issue.  We have applied your notes but unfortunately this has not resolved the problem.  We will be holding out till end of day and then raising OSS note with SAP as potentially may be a bug.