cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change location type in APO ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I want to change the location type which is wrongly maintained as production plant (1001) to Distribution center (1002) in APO.

All the configuration in R/3 side is properly done but still after running integration model, the location type is not changed.

Please suggest solution for the same.

Thanks in advance,

Shoaib.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shoaib,

To change the location type in APO, you would have to delete the location and retransfer from ECC.  However, there is no difference between location types 1001 ans 1002 in APO except for the icon displayed in the Supply Chain Engineer or Cockpit.  Is it worth the effort in your business?

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I have tried changing location type through program  /sapapo/change_loctype. But, is this going to affect any transaction data? or the whole location itself which could lead to false planning through system??

Pls suggest..

Thanks,

Shoaib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shoaib,

This is my opinion only and not that of SAP.  I personally have not used the report.  If you delete all the orders in the location, delete the location and recreate it, you will not have any problems.

The source code of the report says:

*& Changing the locationtype could be dangerous !!!                    *
*&                                                                     *
*& This report may help in situations where problems after             *
*& transfering data from an external system occur.                     *
*&                                                                     *
*& Changing DC or store to plant is in general not a problem

So, chances are that you will not have a problem.  This report should be tested throughly in a test system before use.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Got your point. This can help me to proceed further.

Thanks again.

regards,

Shoaib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shoaib,

I have done this before.. change of location type. You have to delete all trx data and then the location and re-CIF. You may encounter lot of nuisance but you need to make your way through. This could be esp. a nuisance when there are tlanes originating or ending from other locations in which case you need to delete that location as well !!. so sort of a chain reaction thing.

esle as Mike suggests dont do anything. location type is a harmless thing as long as CIF updates are to correct location.

Guru.

Answers (0)