cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 4.0 & error using delegate functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem with a query that uses "delegate" aggregation functions for creating smart measures.When I use it in webi reports, when I navigate I receive a rebean exception and an error on API call. Anybody met the same problem?

My current installation is Edge BI SP2 Level 15.

Thanks for the support.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

-->As measure object's projection is changed to use 'Database delegated', the aggregate function should be defined at database level, i.e. at object's select statement add an aggregate function.

-->In a webi report, measure value aggregation level depends on the Dimension objects selected in the same context. Include related Dimension object which is at same level in the table block where 'Database delegated' measure is used. This is by design behaviour of 'Database delegated' measures.

-Edit the problematic webi report

-Add related/relevant Dimension object at same level to the report block where the Delegated measure is used

-Refresh the report

Regards,

Laxminarayana

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Source database is Oracle that is read by a UNX universe. The problem arises on the Web Intelligence report when I include hierarchy object and smart measure. In your opinion, a not proper definition of smart measures could generate inconsistencies and problems like that? Or it could be also useful/necessary to check something on the platform side?

Thanks all

Matthew_Shaw
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry for more questions. Do you get the same problem with a UNV universe?

What is the SQL used in the SELECT clause of your object please?

Matthew_Shaw
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That doesn't sound right. Do you have an SQL aggregate function in the SQL of the 'smart' measure?

When/where does the error occur?

Does it occur in the 'block' (table/chart) showing a dimension and the 'smart measure' or is it somewhere else?

Smart measures are very powerful and should only be used when you really can't aggregate the measure locally as the query will send lots more queries to the database. You can see all the extra queries by viewing the SQL within the data provider.

Which RDBMS are you using?