cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage decision for serial number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I am testing serial numbering to material.

I have created a PO and against that I have made a GR with 3 sserial numbers internally assigned.

I have done the result recording for each serial number.

Now when I am going for usage decision, system is not allowing me to do individual usage decision.

message no-IO212 (Exactly 1 serial numbers must be selecte of 3) is displayed.

Can anybody please tell me how to do this?

Regards

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While doing stock posting system give you pop-up for selecting the serial numbers .you hcave to select all or depending upon requirement.

say you have 3 serial numbers and 1qty you want to post in blcok stock & rest 2 qty in unrestricted.

then after putting respective qty in respective pocket system gives you pop-up ,you have to select those two which you want to post into unrestricted and delete them ,Only one remained will be posted to block stock and rest two will automatically goes to unresticted.

this is how it happens in sap stock posting serial number.

Now error which you get is ,in the pop-up yu have to select the serial /all serial numbers and the save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the answer. Thanks a lot for your prompt reply

former_member706977
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I need your help.One of my clients is asking for a solution which involves inspection/defect recording/UD for each individual unit with a serial number. They want to track that unit down when a customer complains about it (semi and finished only) or when a QCI finds it to be defective later as well. They want to track that one unit down through its serial number to where it was inspected, by whom, what results/defects were recorded for that particular serial number and what was the UD/valuation. That exact unit with the exact serial number. How can I expect a lot so as to enable this?

Thanks a lot.

Answers (0)