cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illogical system allocation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a very serious issue regarding allocation. A praticular product for which we don't have any forecast in the system, there is Neither a sales order, nor any other kind of demand element (Pur req) at the depot, then how system has allocated that product.??

I have checked that product in rrp3 in APO but its complete a clean slate kind of thing, only PurchOrd can be seen (which is supplied from the plant).

but issue is that if there is no demand for that product at depot, then how allocation is happening..don't understand such behavior of system.

Please provide me some good solution, so that it can be stopped immediately..

Regards,

jigar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jigar,

Have you checked the safety stock requirements?

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Safety stock is maintained. we have 1100 sku;s so average SS is 25 days.

But i wanted to know if there is no demand at all from a particular depot, then how plant has allocated to that depot. i agree lanes are maintained.. but still there is no demand...

also let me know how safety stock will play a role in allocation and if suppose safety stock is not maintained what will be the effect in allocation.

Regards,

Jigar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jigar

Could you please elaborate what is referred as "Allocation" here - is it Product Allocation or quota?

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Allocation i.e. in APO Conrel are generated at plant and at Depot PchOrd are generated

and in ECC Conrel are generated at Plant and OI-SL at Depot.

so its an product allocation and Not Quota ..

pls let me know how its happening..some setting in master data or somewhere to need to be modified..

Regards,

Jigar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jigar

If I understand correctly, you are facing this issue during deployment. Could you please check the quantity for planned distribution demand for this DC after SNP Planning Run - as Rajesh has mentioned, do you consider safety stock? If safety stock is mantained, I expect that demand to be fulfilled on priority.

Thanks,

Prasun