cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assistance class in webdynpro abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are calling the methods of global class in assistance classes in webdynpro.we can do the same functionality in calsses using se24,so what is the speciality of using assistance classes.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are developing MVC concept  in webdynpro applications,here what is M exactly.as per my knowledge that its a business logic,what is business logic here exactly.is it coding what we  are developing..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Follow the below link, i will give you clear idea abt MVC Arch

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/Architecture+of+Webdynpro+for+ABAP

This link also :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1467934

Keep posting

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Assistance class helps you achieve two things:

1.Seperation of business specific logic (one of the purpose of MVC).

2) Performance benefit.
We can write the business logic in the methods of the View, Window or even the Component controller. But it is not a good practice to load all the business logic in the views or windows. So SAP has provided an option of assistance class where you can write all your business logic. By this way, you are still in the framework of your webdynpro and also avoid loading too much logic in the components of webdynpro itself. Assistance class methods are much better from a performance point of view than calls of Web Dynpro controller methods.
Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Prakash,

Webdynpro ABAP Component is nothing but a class.

we use to write all the coding part within the component itself but there is a provision with which we can write the necessary business logic outside the component, i,.e in a class and we can use that class as the assistance class in our current component.

We can also manage dynamic texts which are stored in the text pool of the assistance class

as text symbols through textkey we can get text symbols in out component using wd_assist. Finally it is easy accessible...

So always better go with Assistance Class

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creating an assistance class for a component provides the following benefits:

- You can store coding there that is required within the component, but is not linked directly with the layout or with the function of a controller

- The second important function of the assistance class is the management of dynamic texts.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/1f6442a3d9e72ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm

I usually use the assistance class for store the text elements I want to use in my component.

You can use the code wizard for retrieve the texts:

The following code will be generated:

lv_text = wd_assist->if_wd_component_assistance~get_text( '001' ).

But, is also good for create methods and attributes easily accessible from any part of your component.

Regards,

Ricardo.