cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Restrict user access to SAP BIW Reports/Queries based on Regio area To All.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN Friends,

How to Restrict user access to SAP BIW 3.5 Reports/Queries based on Company/Region/Circles  To All.I want to know that what are necessary changes i have to made in existing reporting system. i.e. in queries , work book , user profiles etc.

in our company there is common roles to all users , now we want to categorize users and provide access to them as per their domain or work area.

Your suggestions are highly appreciated and rewarded by points.

ROLES AT Reporting component level:

Thanks & Regards,

------------------------------

SATISH SINGH

Asst. Manager

SATISH.KU.SINGH@RELIANCEADA.COM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Satish

You can resolve ur problem by creating roles based on your Company/Region/Circles .

and have assign those roles to the users that are specific to your Company/Region/Circles respectively .  This is the restriction of Authorization in SAP BIW that's why SAP has introduced

new Security Feature in SAP BI 7.0 and you can do same thing very easily. SAP has  provided Authorization relevant architecture  is been provided if you have SAP BI 7.0 you can go to transaction "RSECADMIN" for that new info objects are been introduced as mentioned below.

1.0TCAACTVT:   This characteristic handles the general activity like create, change, display etc. 2.0TCAVALID:    This characteristic handles the authorization for InfoProviders, by default it gives     access to all the InfoProviders i.e. full access. We can restrict authorizations for particular InfoProviders using this characteristic.

3.0TCAVALID: This characteristic handles the validity of an authorization. Always valid (*) is set as the default for validity. You can restrict this validity. You can also specify a single value or an interval.

But before that you have to enable the required infoobject ready for authorization by enabling Authorization Relevant Check box under Business Explorer Tab of and Info object Maintenance screen as shown below.