cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am completely new to sap. Started to learn QM.

Can any one please let me know the major transaction codes step by step for inprocess inspection and for raw material inspection?

Thanks,

Saurav.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saurav,

Considering that you're new in QM, I will suggest you to go through and understand all the required QM master data first..

Like Sampling Scheme, Sampling Procedure, DMR, Inspection Method, Inspection Plan etc.

Then for in-process inspection, refer below attached SAP Help document and also search SCN, you'll lots of threads giving all the details.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/QMIMIL/QMIMIL.pdf

Regards,

Anup

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also refer below links from SCN:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1810605

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/QM-PROD

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Anup,

Please let me know for in process inspection of finished product in routing if I maintain control key pp01 (insp without MIC) then during RR nothis is coming.

Is there a way through which I can process without MIC?

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saurav,

Control Key-PP01 is standard key which don't have indicator-Insp with characteristics and it's purely meant for normal production operations.

Even if you want to process an operation without MIC, you must set control key-QM** / QM01 and specify inspection characteristics (i.e. Mention if you want Qualitative/quantitative insp; without assigning any MIC). This will allow to atleast record results.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks anup. It helped.

Pls tell me another thing.

During Finiehd Products inspection I have maintained only insp type 04 in QM view. Now after CS01 and CA01 when I am creating Prodn Order co01, inspection lot is not being created automatically. due to that probably after co15 while in qe51n I am unable to get any data for testing.

Why this inspection lot is not being created automatically?

Rgds,

Saurav.

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saurav,

Inspection Lot for insp type-04 will be created depending upon your set-up of field-Control InsLot, in inspection type-04 details in Material Master.

If it's setup as "Early lot creation for the order item" then inspection lot will be created at Prod Order release and if it's as "For each material document item" then insp lot will be created at Production Goods Receipt for prod order.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anup,

thanks. The option i have taken is For each material document item

I have created and released prodn order. now mb31 is also done. now in mmbe the stock is  showing under Qual.Inspection.

Now after qe51n while executing qa11 it is directly saving and going out and not allowing me to select the number of items for different use like Unrestricted Stock etc. Pls through some light on this.

Rgds,

Saurav.

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saurav,

Please check if you're selected indicator- Post to insp. stock in inspection type-04 details in material master?  Select it and try again, you'll get desired output.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anup,

1. For FG Inspection I have taken only insp type 04 in which I have ticked indicator- Post to insp. stock.

2. Have created BOM and Routing (with control key pp06)

3. Created Prdn Order and released, now insp lot is not created automatically.

What can be the reason?

Rgds,

Saurav.

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saurav,

Do not get confused... I asked to tick indicator-Post to insp stock; so that a Stock Movements tab would appear during UD and you can post it to relevant stock type.

FOR, inspection lot created automatically after order release... refer my earlier post (as below):

If indicator-Control InspLot in insp type-04 in material master is setup as "Early lot creation for the order item" then inspection lot will be created at Prod Order release and if it's as "For each material document item" then insp lot will be created at Production Goods Receipt for prod order.

Hope you got it.. 🙂

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anup,

Thanks.

I have followed the follwoing steps for FG inspection

1. I have taken only insp type 04 in which I have ticked indicator- Post to insp. stock. and

indicator-Control InspLot in insp type-04 in material master is setup as Early lot creation for the order item.

2. Have created BOM and Routing (with control key pp06)

3. Created Prdn Order and released, now insp lot is not created automatically.

The problem is I am not able to create the inspection lot.

Regards,

Saurav

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saurav,

In case of inspection type-04, you need to create an inspection plan with relevant usage using QP01. Routing setup will work only for insp type-03 (In-process inspection). 

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anup

Its done. Great help. Will come up with more queries soon as I am new to sap.

hopefully u will not get irritated 🙂

Regards,

Saurav.

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saurav, it's okay.. I won't get irritate so easily and even if I get; don't worry, as there are loads of members who are contributing on SCN and trying to answer the SAP queries... so you'll definitely answer to your SAP issue/problem.

Keep going... Regards, Anup

Answers (0)