cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,   is it possible for batch determination for an existing material(already the process was running without batch determination) in a plant.  

With Regards,

R.karthick 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthick

I am agree with Harish post... to add you have to close all PO's & SO's for the said material, if you have activated WM then you have to close all the Transfer Orders for the same.

Do not forget to look the stock of the said material....

After this you can activate the Batch management in Material Master.

Best regards

Hrishikesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i have closed all so and po for the particular material and also i cleared the stock(stock balance is zero)

even then i got the error message M3503 Batch management cannot be changed:display error

W.r.t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthick

As far as i know, if the batch has to be activated now in material master, there should not be any stock of the material in the plant. Please try doing this in quality client and revert back.

Regards

Harish

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can give explanation,

my understanding you all ready do the process for particular material , after do the batch determination,

one thing now you do the batch determination for particular order types , this settings done at logistic general at batch management- batch determination , here you can do the batch determination check for all setting and assign the sale area and order type +batch determination procedure ,  it activate the at sale order level or delivery level ,

but you process the material all ready done the process , you can add the particular material , you can do the next time the order and delivery author wise you can re delivery then it comes batch determination .

please check this

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

As per my knowledge ,when ever we have to create the material by that time we have to check the batch determination Material master.As your case already you created material but you want give the Batch for that material.so this is not possible in SAP standard.In my Practice level,I tested that.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos
Dear BOJJA SIVASANKAR REDDY,

i know the configuration for batch determination,the problem is we have not checked the batch determination check box while creating material master.we are operating without batch determination for the past 8 years,Now customer wants the material in batch, whereas while modifying the material in mm02,system is not allowing to check the batch determination check box.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

karthik,

when you activate the batch management field system sows error message

this means once this activate the this field  , you do not change , because the material stock is their , that particular material no stock then it will work,

other wise you can do the process edited at a SE16N

GO TO SE16N

enter the table name MARA

and enter the material number, and enter T Code-  &SAP_EDIT

And press enter and execute then you change the batch management field activate , and also do the MM50 And and extend view for classification ..

please try this

Former Member
0 Kudos
Dear Bojja,

GO TO SE16N

enter the table name MARA

and enter the material number, and enter T Code-  &SAP_EDIT

can u please give me step by step of this

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

first go to se16n

after enter t code &sap_edit like below and press enter

once enter the the &sap_edit and press enter system sows this type message like below screen

then you execute , after check field activate batch field

then save , then you will check the material level , it activated

please check this and conform

regards

sankar