cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution of Inactive Customer's Demand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DP experts,

The requirment is to distribute the planned demand of inactive customers (not products for which life cycle planning and trend dampening exists) to the remaining customers proportionately.

How do I achieve this.

e.g.

Customer C is discontinued effective today May 15, 2012. His demand was planned in last released DP as follows

M5 -100

M6- 200

M7- 200

I now want this 500 qty to be distributed to customers not C in proportion to the the last planned demand. e.g. if  activecustomer A's planned demand was 300, 200, 200 and Customer B's was 400, 500, 500 for same months,  then I expect this result

Customer A

M5 - 321 (remaining 15 days of the months, 50 distributed to ratio of 300: 400, customer A: B)

M6 - 257 (200 distributed in the ratio of 200:500::A:B)

M7-  257 (...do..)

Customer B

M5- 429 (remaining 15 days of the month, 50 distributed to ratio of 300: 400, customer A: B)

M6- 643 (200 distributed in the ratio of 200:500::A:B)

M7- 643 (...do..)

I am looking for some neat automatic way of doing this without any manual intervention. e.g. I can as well delete customer C's demand or set APODPDANT=0 for the resp CVC;s but that would be an overkill, given the # of customers and chances of mistake.

Obvious question is how to identify an inactive customer in DP ?

May be by virtue of deletion flag in customer master in ECC or may be nothing has been sold to this customer since past n  months though demand was planned because of some history effect and prop factors during disaggregation.

I welcome all suggestions. No detailed analysis has been done yet by me. I presume this is a popular business requirement.

Thanks

Guru.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dev_shetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

There are 2 options:

1) what you have explained is life cycle management within DP. You can use standard functionality phase-in ,Phase-out and Like- modelling. For your specific requirement of distribution of demand of inactive to active customer you must explore the BADIs available.

2) You can extract demand planning data to BI and build BI functionality to do distibution of demand to active customers and then release the results back to demand planning.

Thanks

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dev,

Not clear to me. I aware of lifecycle planning. The idea is not to get into the labourious part of maintaining that. Moreover life cycle planning cannot do what I am trying to do. This obviously needs some program that makes retro adjustments to the proportional factors. May be a macro ?.! I am not sure at this point.

Guru

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assume SCM7.1 - ECC6.0 environment