cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block materials at end of shelf life

neil_peltier
Participant
0 Kudos

Can someone explain to me how this works. When an item that is batch managed reaches the end of its shelf life how do I set up the batch job to send the item to blocked stock? I dont need it to go to restricted stock, but want it to go to blocked without user intervention. thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use batch status at the plant you can't.  QA07 is designed to restrict the batch if batch status is used and to block the batch if batch status is not used.

To change that you would have to have an APAP'er copy the program to a Z program, make the necessary program change, (which should be very simple), and run your Z program instead of QA07.

FF

neil_peltier
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NP.  BTW:  The reason I think SAP did it this way, is that if you are using batch status, when the batch is restricted, it is restricted in ALL plants.   Moving material to blocked stock only addresses the material in that one plant. 

This can be important if you make large batches and ship these to multiple distribution centers or warehouses around the world.   Once expiredor undergoing reinspection, you don't want a warehouse or DC shipping that batch to any customer.  Once inspected, the batch is status is changed back to released and all the batches aroudn the world become available for shipping again.

FF

Answers (0)