cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing variables from BO universe to HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am building an Information Design Tool (IDT) based universe on top of HANA and am trying to pass a prompt value from the universe to HANA.  I have setup a variable in HANA to receive this.  For the purposes of my example I am trying to pass a Currency Value (GBP, EUR, USD etc).

In IDT I am creating a Derived table in the data foundation and am passing a fixed  value of USD using the following syntax.  In this example I am passing a fixed value of ‘USD’.

SELECT *

FROM "_SYS_BIC"."zpoc/AN_CURRENCYTEST2" ('PLACEHOLDER'=('$$VARCURRENCY$$','USD'))

Whenever I hit validate I get the following error message:

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error: search table error:  [2620] executor: plan operation failed;currency/unit conversion error,client not set in session context in parameter 'client'

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?  I am particularly confused by the end of the message which refers to  “…client not set in session context in parameter ‘client’ “.  I cannot see any client parameter in the setup of the connection or data foundation.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Regards,
Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masahiro!

I had the same problem and setting the session client (as the error message states) solved the issue.

Best Regards,

Armands

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not to be set to the user of HANA Session Client is?

Step-by-Step Example

1. Choose StartAll Programs ->SAP HANA->Studio to open your SAP HANA studio.

2. In the navigator panel, expand the node <HANA server> -> Catalog -> Authorization -> Users, right click on the user e.g. SYSTEM, and open the user’s profile.

3. Enter the ERP client number for Session Client. e.g. 300

4. Save your setting.

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit:

The preferred version for HANA is v1.0 SPS3 revision 26 with BI 4 SP3.

Hope you are at this level.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using revision 25 which I am currently confined to. Will this not work with 25?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit - Are you able to parse the SQL at HANA side if it is not working from IDT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama, Yes I am able to pass the SQL at the HANA, it is only at IDT that it is not working.

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amith:

If you are in the above mentioned support pack with FP3 (bi4), it should work.

Here are couple of things to check:

1- Make sure you added the needed variable as filter in the universe business layer using a prompt function within IDT

2 - In the edit properties of prompt for the variable, make sure that you mark use universe parameters  and also confirm that the filter properties filter type = Business and use filter as mandatory in query is marked as apply on universe

3 -  Now test the universe within IDT by create a test query within IDT and test your variable / filter

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rama