Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF01 & output invoice via email error

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We output sales invoices via email with the invoice as PDF attachment (medium 5, comm strategy CS01). The email subject says Invoice &vbrk-vbeln& so that the generated invoice number is put in the subject of the email.

When invoices are created via VF01 and multiple delivery numbers are entered in trx VF01, the email subject mentions for all generated emails the invoice # of the last generated invoice and not the invoice number of the invoice generated. The PDF attachment for the invoice is correct, except that the name of the PDF is mentioning for all generated PDFs the last generated invoice number.

So I suspect something not going correct with the program generating the PDF and email but have no clue where exactly and what to do about it.

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Joris,

I am having the same problem.  Did you ever find a solution or an SAP note for this?

Thanks.

Tami

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

This was quite some time ago. To be honest I dont remember having solved this, guess I found a workaround

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joris,

please put in email subject &xvbrk-vbeln&, instead of &vbrk-vbeln&.

It should work.

Best regards,

Ivano.

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivano,

I tried you suggestion but still the same invoice number is put in the email subject for all emails  in case if multiples deliveries are invoiced with VF01 at the same time.

Thanks anyway

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joris,

in transaction V/40, tab General data, 'Replacement of text symbols' please check the right setting are in place:

Program                     SAPLV60A

FORM routine             TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1643781

Best regards,

Ivano.

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivano,

The replacement of symbols works fine and is configured correctly. The issue is that the same invoice number is put in the email subject for all emails  in case if multiples deliveries are invoiced with VF01 at the same time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to configure this morning  for sending the invoices via email,and the results are something like this, can any one guide me what I am doing wrong please ?

Getting red signal when I "GO TO and see the Header -- Output" but when I do determination analysis the analysis comes as follows..

Now one is red and other is green in analysis... Please help.

Regards,

Venkat

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have experienced similar issues when using the variable &VBRK-VBELN& in the subject line. 

The output program that you are using is likely to have other suitable variables for getting the invoice number into the subject line.  An abaper can help you find one.

We use the output program RVADIN01, and have found the variable &KOMKBV3-VBELN& to work best for that purpose.

Regards,

Ken

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken,

Tried your suggestion but program RVADIN01 gives an update error. I am using RLB_INVOICE. The variable &KOMKBV3-VBELN&  doesnt work in combination with that output program unfortunately.  As mentioned before: the real problem is when trying to process more than 1 delivery in VF01.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

please try to look here:

the MAIL output is just an example - check out your type

if you see Z- program or(and) Z-routine / form please request your abaper to help

(or even if you see the standard names...)

regards,

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your input. For sending output as email you can use any output type as long as you use medium 5 in the output record. The email is triggered and sent except that the text that should appear in the subject of the email is wrong: the variable &VBRK-VBELN& is taking always the last invoice # processed in case multiple deliveries are entered in VF01. In VF01 1 invoice is generated for each delivery. Each invoice should have the correct invoice # for the variable &VBRK-VBELN& but this is simply not happening. So in summary the configuration is correct since it works perfect when you invoice one delivery at a time in VF01.