cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new key figures to DP planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO DP.

When adding new key figures to a planning area, is there any way of avoiding having to deinitialise and then re initialise the planning area?

Thanks for any advice on this...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The question would be what is the need to add the New KF in the planning Area ?

* alwys there will be additional KFs created in PA which can be used in future. So find out if you have any unused KFs already available. If yes, modify description accordigly.

* You can also create axillary KF for calculation purpose but stores the data temporarily.

To my knowledge, there is no feasible way you can add new KF without deinitializing PA but yes! you can only modify available KFs.

laxmikant_lande
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can you please provide SAP documentation link where it is mentioned that "you are allowed to change the planning area (addition/deletion of key figures and change key figure settings) without executing de-initialize and reinitialize tasks

Thanks

Laxmikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmikant,

Key Figure Settings 

Here you can change the properties of the key figures of a planning area, if the planning area has already been initialized. You can also add or delete key figures. However, you can only delete key figures that are no longer used in planning books, data views, macros, or demand forecasts. You can find out in which objects a specific key figure is used with the where-used list. Check link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/40/3ac95360267614e10000000a174cb4/content.htm

laxmikant_lande
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Mukesh for reply, but I already check the link you provided.

It only mentions "you can change the properties of the key figures of a planning area, if the planning area has already been initialized" - I don't think it means you can add new figures.

Next statement "You can also add or delete key figures" - not sure whether we can add key figures without de-initialization.

Hopes you got my clarification and question

KR/

Laxmikant

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Of course you can add/delete without de-initialization. You can only make changes, add, delete time series key figures.
Another thing is, transporting the changes made by this way to other system will cause problem. (See my previous reply.)

BR, Ada

laxmikant_lande
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Got Below reply from SAP

"Originally it was not possible to change planning areas. All changes required de-initialization of the planning area. Then report /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PAREA_CHANGE2 was developed to make it more

convenient for our customers to be able to make minor changes, at least for the time series key-figures, e.g. change the accuracy or 'negative allowed" flag etc. Also it was allowed to add new time series key-figures to the planning area. Anyway new time series key-figures assigned to the planning area will

not be automatically added to any of the 9 aggregates as it is not known at which aggregate it should be used. You can assign it manually in the planning area to the aggregate, if there is no time series

key-figure existing in the planning area. The next initialization will create the time series in livecache and connect it to the location product. When trying to add the second time series key-figure to the

aggregate then it is found that there are time series already existing for the planning area and now the task would be to reorganize the existing livecache relations and update it including the new time series key-figure. This task was defined as too complex and to risky (inconsistencies/data loss) following the original goal to allow minor changes on initialized planning areas only. So adding a time series-keyfigure to a SNP aggregate in a planning area, which already has timeseries objects, is not allowed."

So can we conclude - It is not possible to add time series key figure in planning area without de-initialization if it has already existing time series key figure.

BR/

Laxmikant

0 Kudos

So can we conclude - It is not possible to add time series key figure in planning area without de-initialization if it has already existing time series key figure.

NO.

Are you using DP aggregates? If not there is nothing to worry about. Read carefully.

laxmikant_lande
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Maxence,

No, we are not using DP aggregates.

Regarding DP aggregates - As per my info, use of DP aggregates is optional, If not created, system will consider lowest level by default for data saving . In this case also key figure semantic will be 001, means time series key figure. Considering above situation, as per my understanding, system will behave same as in case of SNP time series key figure, correct me if am wrong.

Also have anyone added time series key figure in DP/SNP planning area containing pre-existing time series key figure without de-initilization

BR/

Laxmikant

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below document gives procedure on how to Add key figure to Planning Book/Area -

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alok

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In /sapapo/msdp_admin, right click on the planning area, select change key figure settings, then you can add new key figure to the planning area without de-initialization. This functionality is provided in SCM7.0 and higher releases.
Please notice that transporting such settings may cause liveCache error in target system. You need to perform the same action in target system instead of simply transporting.

BR, Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of, let us know which version of DP are you using.

If you are using 7.0, all you need to do is right click on your planning area and select Change Keyfigure setting and you should be able to update the key figures there.

The below is from SAP help for SAP APO 7.0, you should be able to add the key figure without deinitializing the planning area.

Key Figure Settings

Here you can change the properties of the key figures of a planning area, if the planning area has already been initialized. You can also add or delete key figures. However, you can only delete key figures that are no longer used in planning books, data views, macros, or demand forecasts. You can find out in which objects a specific key figure is used with the where-used list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can only change setting of existing key figures as aggregation/calculation type. It does not need deinitialization of planning area.

If you want to add an extra key figure in DP planning area, then you need to delete the time series objects of your planning area, which will delete your data, Therefore first back up the planning area data in infocubes, and then change the planning area.

Check the link below of SAP help to extract the data from planning area:

Extracting Data from a Planning Area - Saving Forecasts and Further Processing - SAP Library

Kind regards,

Mukesh

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SCM 7, you are allowed to change the planning area (addition/deletion of key figures and change key figure settings) without executing deinitialize and reinitialize tasks. 

Thanks,
Rajesh

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can change the planning area and then make a dummy change to the key figure settings .  I have read that this would enable you to add key figures without deinitializing and re initializing. I have not tried that out (i always deinitialize and reinitialize ) so my answer is purely theoretical.

Thanks

Aparna