SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing Variant - Clearing according to division

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have requirement to clear electricity charges first, gas charges second and then other charges at the last. Electricity has division 'EL', Gas has division 'GA' and other charges has division 'OT'. I've created my own clearing variant, and added grouping string '002 - Division' with grouping rule '1 - Grouping by Alt. Grouping, Otherwise by Character. Value' . Then in the alternate grouping of characteristic values list - I added characteristic value 'EL', 'GA' & 'OT' - assigning them group in ascending order. I also kept Field Value Assignment Rule With Clearing = blank.

Problem is - even after doing this Gas charges getting cleared first and then electricity. Am I missing something here? Please let me know if there is any other way to do this. Thanks.

-

Regards,

A-Jay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A-Jay,

What is your first grouping string ? In your case, as I can assume from your description, sorting string should be division and rank them according to your preference.

The sorting string controls the processing sequence of individual open item group.

Anujit

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try sorting by Characteritic value "Division" as well, and assign a ranking sequence.

Regards,

Ivor M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A-Jay,

What is your first grouping string ? In your case, as I can assume from your description, sorting string should be division and rank them according to your preference.

The sorting string controls the processing sequence of individual open item group.

Anujit