cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Adapter Types in Comm. Channels -- Urgent Pls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guyz,

I'm a newbie and when i'm trying to follow a 'how to sample idoc' scenario doc, i tried creating a communication channel...even i tried using creating comm. channels with wizard, but i got a wierd error as follows :

"com.sap.aii.ib.core.roa.RoaObjectAccessException: Attempt to read object Adapter Metadata IDoc .......from application REPOSITORY failed......." ...and a very huge java exception.....

later after i did a bit of searching over this forum and sap help, i found a document on marketplace detailing the tests to check our XI system is ready or not (doc name is Readiness_Check_Version3.pdf)... as suspected one of the test for adapters failed....In Adapter Monitoring section of Runtime Workbench, i'm not able to see any adapters other than JPR ...... which is why i suppose no F4 is turning up for adapter type in communication channel....

further more searching on this forum, showed me some hints for downloading XI Content from marketplace to update IR.....Firstly i'm not sure this is the solution, if it is, what all components needs to be downloaded.... can i just download SAP_BASIS 7.00 ? in my system i even have 'SAP BASIS 7.10'.... 'm in utter confusion....

appreciate a quick reply on this with details (pls let me know how to check which SP level is my XI system is installed ? , if i have to download XI Content from mkt place).

thanks a ton in advance

Sreedhar K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check this steps:

a) Reimport the latest version of the SAP Basis Software Component into the Integration Repository. The adapter metadata is contained in that SWC, under the namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/System

b) Just try with Visual Administrator to check the services for the adapter engine are running or not. All services starts with SAP XI..

SAP XI AF Core

SAP XI AF CPA Cache

SAP XI AF Messaging

SAP XI Adapter XI

SAP XI AF Security

c) Just go thru following link from service.sap.com

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700002757652005E/HowtoMintorAF.pdf

d) In the last Refresh the cache of the Adapter Engine.

1) sxi_cache->goto-->AE Cache

2) check for CPA Cache also

...Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

thanks for ur tip.... i downloaded SP10 content and it worked like a charm.....thanks mate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreedhar,

Good to know it is working. Keep rocking.

...Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)Try after restarting the Java Stack.

2)Try after SLD cache.

To clear the SLD cache, from the Integration Builder main menu, choose Environment ® Delete Cache for SLD Data.

Once we have deleted the cache for SLD data, accessing objects in the SLD may take longer than usual initially.

This will help you to find SP Level

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/1f/c45b4211aac353e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

http://hostname:500/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo

it will ask u the username/password....provide j2ee_admin password for the same.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri,

Thats a quick one.... could you pls elaborate ? I found from ur link that i'm running on 7.00 SP6 versions.... is it that if i restart the java stack , my adapters list will be updated ? no need of downloading xi content ?

thanks

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First let us try Restarting the Java Stack in the server and try to resolve the following issue

>> "com.sap.aii.ib.core.roa.RoaObjectAccessException: Attempt to read object Adapter Metadata IDoc .......from application REPOSITORY failed......." ...and a very huge java exception.....

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi -- sorry could you tell me how do we restart stack alone ? should i restart J2EE Server or J2EE Dispatcher processes in sapmmc' ?

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No issue, You are always welcome,

>>>how do we restart stack alone ? should i restart J2EE Server

Yes in the J2EE Server.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

agasthuri@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos