cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production order ciffing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My ECC system is already live and the business is not using production versions. So for APO PDS we have created production versions. These newly created PVs cannot be assigned to already existing or open or released production versions due to validity issue. So in this case when i open the CIF models for production orders queues are getting blocked because of no PV assignment. What is the approach that i should take and suggest to business. Is there any option for mass update for doing the function read PP master data.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we will be doing TECO, but just wanted to ensure about any mass update of PV to prd ords. Other wise the issue is closed.

giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we will be doing TECO, but just wanted to ensure about any mass update of PV to prd ords. Other wise the issue is closed.

giri

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

First there is no way to mass update of PV in production orders in standard SAP. Also once orders are release for shoop floor you can not do the Read PP master data. System do not allow to change operation or components  once order execute on shop floor in that case you will not able to change PV manually also. Please go ahead with TECO and process ahead.

Regards,

R.Brhmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Giri,

You need to make an initial transfer of PDS in question first (RIMDOINI program).

Changes and additions of Prod. version are not automatically CIFd to APO.

Thanks

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that, but my question is before creating a PV in ECC i have some open production orders. Now i cannot add this PV in that open orders. My PDS is available in APO. So when i open the CIF model, these previous production orders also move to APO and as there is no PV in the prodcution order (master data tab) queues get blocked. How to overcome this.

Giri

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to close the open production orders and create new production order for rest of the quantities. And then CIF to APO. You can create the PV backdated also so that you can have valid PDS in APO.

Please try and come back.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Brahmankar you are correct, i can create PVs for the past dates, but how can i update it in production orders. Is there any mass update functionalities available? I have suggested the business to do a TECO for the open orders. but as there are WM and costing dependencies these solution needs extensive testing.

Thanks

Giri

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once production order release for shop floor you can not do the change the PV.  You can short close an orders, I don't think i will create any problem in costing.  Yes you need to do complete test of it.

It is something like cut over, you have to define new orders for rest of the quantity with PV.

I hope it will solve your issue.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar