Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a project and transferring costs

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In addition to my previous query on "PR should not be created until wbs is released" I request some brief guidelines of yours on: 1) Which T-code is used to copy a new project from existing one and what are the important things I'll have to take into consideration while copying?

2)Which things/settings do I need to check for user status while copying from an operative project?

3)How can I settle the cost of wbs(using a t-code or a program) from an operative project/wbs to a newly created project/wbs?

It might be basic/already discussed query and I apologize for it but I've not done these steps before.So, If you could provide me some information or some links on the same, it would be of great help..

Many Thanks & Best Regards

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Which T-code is used to copy a new project from existing one and what are the important things I'll have to take into consideration while copying?

CJ20N, CJ27, CJ01, CJ2D, CJ06

2)Which things/settings do I need to check for user status while copying from an operative project?

User status will be set as per the your project profile configuration. Depending on which project profile you select while copying the project, project structure will be populated. If you have set a user status in the project profile, then that will be applicable to the newly created project.

3)How can I settle the cost of wbs(using a t-code or a program) from an operative project/wbs to a newly created project/wbs?

In the settlement rule, of that particular WBS element (in the existing project), maintain enter the new WBS element (from the new project) in the "settlement receiver" field. Run CJ88, then you are ready to settle your old WBSE to the new WBSE.

I hope this is clear to you.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Experts for your useful suggestions!! My query is solved now.

Closing the thread.

Thanks & regards

Ankur

0 Kudos

hi ankur

if your query is solve please close the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

While copying project you need to check organization units plant,cost center,profit center, co-code,controlling area.

optional settings like statical check,currency,budget profile,planning profile.

1. Copy or create master data prject/WBS/Network/Activity/Material Component/PR/PO/GR/IR/Payments

2. Assign Budget

3.do procurement to project

4.settle project to cost object or AA

5.Close the project

Thanks and regards

sadiq

0 Kudos

Hi ankur

1. how to copy a project

go to the t-code cj20n. go the the project creation there choose copy project.

after that you will move to the nest screen

in template choose the project definition from which you want to copy and in project definition give the name of the project and also you can chnage the wbs element there if you want to.

2. Which things/settings do I need to check for user status while copying from an operative project

ans-"c User statuses are not passed on down a hierarchy If you create a project by copying another project, the user status is not copied either.

for more refernce visit to the site

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/ee/41f7ad46ee11d189470000e829fbbd/content.htm

3. How can I settle the cost of wbs(using a t-code or a program) from an operative project/wbs to a newly created project/wbs?

ans-: creating settlement rule is the work of fico consultant but you can also follow the below links for more reference

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/a9/ab77b1414111d182b10000e829fbfe/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/65/f42c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Whenever you are creating a new project copying from existing project, note that system copies all the planned values with CRTD status.

Please check and ensure that those copied values might not be valid for new project. so what you have to do change those values if not applicable.

Regards,

Sudhakar